Author Topic: Foreign Plates  (Read 4267 times)

Offline starman™

Foreign Plates
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2010, 12:18:38 PM »
never ever had a problem in the time I had driven M plates. Dont know where you go to get screwed but have never experienced this and have driven all over the country.

Offline BM06

Foreign Plates
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2010, 12:23:19 PM »
Lucky you:D

Offline starman™

Foreign Plates
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2010, 13:46:31 PM »
would not say it is luck. Nearly all the people I know who have M plates have never been stopped and asked for money or been done for an unfair "fine".
Your comment doesnt reflect the truth and you make it sound that Turkish police etc are out there to get you once you have a M plate.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 13:46:51 PM by starmanâ„¢ »

Offline holidayworld

Foreign Plates
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2010, 14:00:14 PM »
I had a problem with the traffic cops a few years back coming back from Bulgaria to turkey about 20 miles from the boarder, it had been snowing and was foggy so had the fog lights on just before I got to the traffic cop and got pulled over there was no fog near him but he pulled me over for the fog lights, just after I got pulled a Turkish truck was coming the other way with only 1 headlight working the cop pulled him checked his license and waved him on but the traffic cop fined me £20 for having my fog lights on and it was about 3am.

Bet he needed money for his breakfast.

Offline BM06

Foreign Plates
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2010, 15:07:08 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by starmanTM

would not say it is luck. Nearly all the people I know who have M plates have never been stopped and asked for money or been done for an unfair "fine".
Your comment doesnt reflect the truth and you make it sound that Turkish police etc are out there to get you once you have a M plate.

Well nearly all the people I know have had quite the opposite experience,similar to the example above, but as you do not seem to believe me that is your choice, happy driving.[:o)]
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 16:23:32 PM by BM06 »

Offline starman™

Foreign Plates
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2010, 06:42:42 AM »
Well a lot of countries already have a way of making plates different for certain groups even in the UK. Most local people wouldnt know the difference between a M plate and a normal car (I mean locals outside the main areas where tourists are). Dips have it worse because they have to have green plates which make them stand out a mile off and dips in the UK have to have a different plate too so its not something the European courts would not touch otherwise there would be other countries having to face this issue.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 06:43:13 AM by starmanâ„¢ »

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
Foreign Plates
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2010, 14:57:10 PM »
'so its not something the European courts would not touch'
Taken from Starmans post.

Is the double negative deliberate, Starman, or just another example of poor grammar?? Totally changes the meaning of your post, old chap.

Gordy.

Offline starman™

Foreign Plates
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2010, 15:09:48 PM »
another example I am afraid. Meant to say the courts wouldnt touch the case as a lot of other countries do the samething with vehicles. For example in the UK all dip cars have to have the letter D on its own in middle of the registration. Other countries do something similar. At least the MB plate are not blue anymore as they used to be which stood out a mile, but the poor old dips still have to have either green plates, green font or have CA-CD in their plates.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf