Author Topic: Is this normal when buying a new car in Turkey?  (Read 2891 times)

Offline posleeds

Is this normal when buying a new car in Turkey?
« on: January 23, 2011, 14:10:01 PM »
We have a STRICT budget available to buy a new car & have been watching new car prices on the internet with interest.
Last month VW substantially reduced their Polo models so we went along to buy one - at the VW garage in Fethiye.
Unfortunately they didn't have any in stock (only the showroom model - metallic paint & some extra's - our budget wouldn't stretch that far).
It would be 8 weeks before any new cars came into the country - no problem, so we paid our deposit. They did point out that we would have to pay the current price when the car was delivered - is this normal in Turkey or do other garages/manufactureres stick to the price when you place the order, as in the UK?
Got a call from them last week to say the car would be here in the next fortnight...but the price has gone up by 1000TL - it was only at the lower price for about 2 weeks, when we ordered.
We do have the option of having our deposit back but I just wondered if this was commonplace in Turkey or just VW trying it on?
Ironically if we had bought the showroom model we would have got it cheaper than the new list price for the model we have ordered :(

Offline BM06

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 14:20:35 PM »
Get your deposit back, stinks to me, if they placed your order when the promotion was on then that should be the price you pay, call there bluff is the way I would go, unless you really need the car know.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 15:17:11 PM »
Agree with BM06 entirely - they are trying it on.

Offline posleeds

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 15:35:52 PM »
Thanks - have just fired off an e-mail to VW Head Office in Germany for some clarification on their pricing/ordering policy in Turkey.
Will let you know the outcome.

Offline quackers

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 15:17:21 PM »
Also we have been advised that when you buy a car get it registered in both you and your wife/partners names. Because if the owner dies the surviving partner doesn't own the car in Turkish law therefore can't sell it, only drive it as a family member.

Offline posleeds

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011, 21:50:57 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by posleeds

Thanks - have just fired off an e-mail to VW Head Office in Germany for some clarification on their pricing/ordering policy in Turkey.
Will let you know the outcome.

10 weeks passed & still no sign of the car - went to the showroom & they insisted that we had to pay the increased price...with possibly another price hike before it was delivered!
Consequently told them to st*ff it & got our deposit back.
Got an e-mail from VW Germany saying they had passed our query to VW Turkey who would be in touch.
They were eventually - twice actually.....with an e-mail asking what model & chassis number we had bought so they could send a manual out - PLONKERS :-\

Offline vinvola

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 14:04:27 PM »
There are so many good deals available in Turkey at the present time. Why give your hard earned money to a company like this.
Where ever you buy your car be sure to have all spec listed and a contract signed. Regardless of when the car arrives you should have no extra costs. Be careful.

Offline tony

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011, 20:12:02 PM »
After struggling and waiting five years to get our Tapu, and now being ripped off by a our former maintanance company, I am beginning to give up on Turkey. I hear more and more stories of rip offs and people being generally disillusioned.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf