Author Topic: Tomtom maps of turkey  (Read 2786 times)

Offline stuart1955

Tomtom maps of turkey
« on: January 02, 2013, 15:22:42 PM »
Don't know if these is any use to anybody on here with a tomtom sat nav, you can download tomtom maps of turkey for £19.97 just go on tomtom site and use promotion/discount code TTMRGBP8 to get this price

Offline The Bruces

Re: Tomtom maps of turkey
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 18:42:31 PM »
Hi Stuart

Have you seen what you get with these maps? I spoke to Tom Tom about 18 months ago about Mugla and Antalya maps and they said not to bother, as there was very little detail.

I would be most interested if things have moved on. Thanks, John

Offline stuart1955

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 19:11:09 PM »
to be honest i am only going by the info on tomtom website where it says 78% coverage, i only down loaded it earlier today and it seems okay but i hope to test it when we visit again in may, i thought for £20 its worth a try

Offline steveb1

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 04:31:51 AM »
Have used this a lot in turkey and has been ok you sometimes need the exact place name spelling to visit some remote places .
Has got me from calis to Istanbul and to  cappadocia without going wrong

Offline Jim Fraser

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 06:22:50 AM »
for £20 its a very good deal, for main routes the maps are as good as the Turkish bought sat-navs that I have seen.

Offline sandpiper2

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 21:17:18 PM »
Hi! TomTom users,
                         Tommy is a brilliant navigational aide, which,provided you use the direct routes  between major towns and accept that route changes are catered for in the basic programme, will direct you easily from point A to Point B. However beware of choosing 'the scenic routes' and take notice of local directions,even on arterial roads in Europe.

I travelled Fethiye to Kemer (Antaliya) 30th Dec.2012. taking the S.R. via Kalkan only to be confronted with a non bridge on a very narrow mountain road as directed by Tommy.
Suffice to say a journey expected to take approx. 5 Hours actually took over 9 Hours.

Having said that I would not dream of starting a long journey without Tommy.

Regards
Sandpiper2

Offline snowtop

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2013, 09:54:42 AM »
i drove to UK using ''Copilot'' on my Samsung Tab.  We took 11days going all over the place and went wrong twice, but that was my fault.
This cost me 35GBP and i can download as many maps as i want.  We broke down in Greece and Copilot got the nearest mechanic out to us.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf