Author Topic: Car Hire 2014  (Read 3284 times)

Offline foodie

Car Hire 2014
« on: May 31, 2014, 21:51:36 PM »
Hi all,

Just thought I would canvas opinions as to who would be best to use this year.

We used Pegasus last year, pretty average if i'm honest as the car came with a full tank of fuel which I paid for before we left the office.

When we returned (empty as agreed) they tried to charge us for it, even though I had noted it on the agreement.

Eventually remembered when I kicked off about it...

We used Sonny the year before, got out of arrivals to be met with no car and had to wait two hours until a car turned up- they even had the cheek to siphon about 300ml of petrol out of it whilst we were stood there!- they we also late picking the car back up by an hour despite several calls from the terminal ...

So, if you've booked for this summer, please let me know who you have booked with and the daily rate/total you've paid.

Thanks,

J

Offline grahamturner09

Re: Car Hire 2014
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 12:08:12 PM »
I have used Pegasus on many occasions with no problems at all. I used them in April with no problem but have never with any company had a full tank of petrol. The rates change at different time if the year but I paid £12 a day in April.

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 15:05:25 PM »
Have always used Tiny Akropol in Hisaronu - the cars are what you'd expect from a hire car and always come with just enough fuel to get you to the petrol station, but the service is great.

Always bang on time dropping off and picking up, decent rates, lovely guys.

Offline peter16

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 10:37:58 AM »
Orange  :). Always prompt both at arrival to Dalaman Airport 8) and at departure :'(, friendly service  :), any problem sorted as soon as they're informed  :). Rates of course vary according to season, drop them a line 8).

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 11:26:54 AM »
Used Fethiye Lovers for pick up and car hire for about 6 years now.  Never had a problem and always get a new car with a bit of power.   We have tried others and had some right old bangers.
Now we have found the best, we would not use any other agency.

Offline fernando torres

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 14:56:45 PM »
Pegasus for us ever time, never been let down, also great for transfers

Offline Connor

• Prat in the hat
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2014, 08:03:35 AM »
As were on the topic of car hire, does anyone know of a company that allows pickup at one airport and drop-off at another that charges reasonable rates?  We're coming in to Diyarbakir and flying to Dalaman from Urfa but don't know if we can get a car for the drive to Urfa.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2014, 09:35:53 AM »
You will have to use one of the major players like Avis who have set prices with no deals.   I know some of the local companies will provide this service, but they will charge you for their driver who has to pick the car up, so, swings and roundabouts.

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2014, 17:39:02 PM »
We used Oscar, approx £20 a day in August/Sept,  they were at the airport on time on arrival and returning, but every year we have to have some currency to get us to the nearest petrol station, a word of warning though some people tried to flag us down on the road, they obviously seen it was a rental car, don't stop for anyone, unless of course its the police, 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf