Author Topic: The power of music  (Read 2258 times)

Offline mike A

• Prolific Member

Offline tintin1504

The power of music
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 11:55:07 AM »
Thanks for sharing this Mike. Made my day seeing it!. :DT.

Offline Steve A

The power of music
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 12:09:26 PM »
Looks fake to me,maybe an ipod viral ad campaign ?See how many times ipod is mentioned

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
The power of music
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 13:18:51 PM »
I too wondered if it was a set up video - however there is no doubt in my mind about the power of music.  Watch the impact that music has when a severely disabled child is working with their therapist....absolutely mind blowing. The smallest of sounds can reach into their silent world and get response and reaction.  Music is magic and we could all do with more of it in our lives.  Mike, you have a gift, you are a very lucky man [^].  Thanks for sharing the video, whether it is genuine or not, doesn't matter to me.....I watch miracles with music every day, and know how powerful it is [:X]

Offline Steve A

The power of music
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 15:53:46 PM »
Didnt want to diminish the effect of music as I too am a long time muso and couldnt live without my daily strum and singalong,it lifts the soul,gives me perspective and the ability to see what is good in life.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
The power of music
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 16:13:49 PM »
I don't think it's fake and I don't really think Apple need to market their products this way - seeing that they are one of the most known about products on the planet already.

Offline Steve A

The power of music
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2012, 16:56:49 PM »
Subliminal stuff all around Stoop

Offline mike A

• Prolific Member
The power of music
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2012, 20:28:34 PM »
Agreed Stoop.
I play to the severely disabled on a regular basis and see the results first hand
its also strange that people with Alzheimer's remember the words to songs even if they cant
remember the name of their loved ones and of course they remember the memories that go with the song.
without music the world would be a very dull place.
 8)

Offline patrice

The power of music
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2012, 21:29:46 PM »
Totally agree Mike I use to manage a care home with people with Dementia and organise activities,singalongs were the best.
Watching the video reminded me of two of the resident who were at the later stages of their dementia.One would play the piano and the other would sing ...both in tune they were great entertainers but sadly they could not recognise their family and friends or even remember their own names.

Offline hubblebubbles

The power of music
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2012, 06:58:58 AM »
This reminded me of a friends husband who was permanently living in a nursing home after having suffered several strokes . He was totally unable to have a conversation which made sense to anyone  yet when they played a certain  Christmas Carol  he astounded us all by singing the words clearly .The staff and family were in tears. It obviously unlocked a part of his brain that still retained the memory.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf