Author Topic: Pizza Calisto  (Read 3737 times)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Pizza Calisto
« on: June 22, 2019, 18:33:41 PM »
Can anyone shed any light on Pizza Calisto please as in they have been very hit and miss last few months re getting thru to place an order, last night we walked past and noticed it’s now just called Calisto it looked as though they have made the place bigger and it looks more like a cafe/bar now.
Thanks for any replies

Offline RichardF

• Newly Registered
Re: Pizza Calisto
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2019, 19:29:45 PM »
Hi Karennia, currently counting down to our next calis visit in 5 weeks. We’ve never used pizza calisto for delivery but went there to sit in twice last year. First time no problems so went back later in the holiday but unfortunately the service wasn’t good and of the 4 meals ordered 1 didn’t arrive until the other 3 had been eaten which was then too late and we left only paying for the 3 received. Never had a problem like this in calis before so probably won’t be going back this year.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 06:38:36 AM »
Hi RichardF thank you for reply I think maybe it’s changed hands as they have been just great in the past.
Shame as wen u here for a long time you don’t want to go out every night but also don’t want to cook every night either!
Have a lovely holiday  8)

Offline RichardF

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2019, 09:04:13 AM »
We know a couple who've used pizza calisto for delivery regularly in the past and strongly recommended them. There is a fridge magnet advertising pizza calisto in the villa we use, maybe / hopefully our bad experience was a one off. We liked their food and the burgers provided a nice change from other restaurants who don't seem to have them on their menus. It would be interesting to to find out if it has changed hands and no longer provide a delivery service. I wish we could stay in calis for a long time but at the moment its for just 2 weeks of the year so every night we go out to eat  :D

Offline fredam

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2019, 11:07:48 AM »
We love Pizza Callisto & usually have it several times at least when we are there.  However.  It IS really hit & miss now.  Twice they just didn’t turn up at all.  Once I phoned them & asked where it was.  They said “it’s on its way & will be there in 2 minutes”.  It still didn’t show up.  The second time they texted two days later  & said they didn’t get the text until the next day -but they didn’t send pizza then either (we were home).

So....it’s really luck of the draw.  4 out of 6 times they came through.   We just keep packet soup so if they don’t come we don’t starve.  The worst is not knowing how long to wait before you give up.

Great pizza though!

Thanks for asking this...I was thinking about asking the same thing but didn’t want to just come & complain about someplace I actually like.  :-). Glad it isn’t just us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2019, 15:27:59 PM »
Hi Fredam thank you for posting I think what you and also Richard have posted have confirmed for me it must have changed hands, We’ve used them for years and been great until April this year things seem to have gone wrong,
Seems such a shame as like you say great pizzas and was great delivery service too!
Next time I’m that way I’m going to pop in and ask what is occurring get a yes or no once and for all re if they are still offering a delivery service   ;)

Offline fredam

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2019, 18:05:59 PM »
Hi Fredam thank you for posting I think what you and also Richard have posted have confirmed for me it must have changed hands, We’ve used them for years and been great until April this year things seem to have gone wrong,
Seems such a shame as like you say great pizzas and was great delivery service too!
Next time I’m that way I’m going to pop in and ask what is occurring get a yes or no once and for all re if they are still offering a delivery service     ;)

They are definitely still delivering.  When we arrived I phoned to check and they said they take delivery orders until 1030

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf