Author Topic: milk  (Read 5113 times)

Offline julia f

milk
« on: July 15, 2013, 10:41:10 AM »
hi folks,
been coming to calis for about 6 years and finally moved over and applying for my residency this week. yipee.
however i havent quite discovered the art of getting the right milk!!! i seem to get stuff that tastes like long life pinar. or stuff that tastes a bit off. i want something equivalent to semi skimmed cows if possible and local in calis. if not dolmus trip to big shop. otherwise all is perfect.
8)

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
Re: milk
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 11:02:38 AM »
You can get fresh milk in all the main suppermarkets ,i.e kipa  migros ,tansas. it has fresh printed on it ,if not the long life is great that has  Yarim sut printed on in Bim is a good one .

Offline Brianbern

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 11:57:30 AM »

This is the one we use it's equivalent to fresh skimmed milk, there is another one in a plastic or large glass bottle with a red top that says 'taze sut' (fresh milk). All available from Migros, Tansas & Kipa when available! Maria

Offline julia f

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 18:37:43 PM »
cheers guys i can eat my choc nesquik breakfast now with a sense of satisfaction!!!!

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 20:49:58 PM »
The milk you need is sold in Melissa's in Ciftlik comes in a bottle  SUTAS on the red/blue label plus a couple of cows grazing in a field also has a red top, have it in Tesco too in Calis   

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2013, 21:00:11 PM »
Fresh milk only lasts one or two days.  We stopped buying it a long time ago and now buy UHT as we were fed up paying out and throwing the fresh stuff away.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2013, 21:12:55 PM »
The fresh semi-skimmed milk (Taze Sut in the plastic red-topped container) can be frozen for up to 3 months. Just pour-off the equivalent of an eggcup full to allow for expansion and bung it in the freezer.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2013, 21:14:43 PM »
Does it have to be the equivalent of an egg cup full Alan, or could you actually use an egg cup?

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2013, 21:50:02 PM »
So, look, well, bollo ..............At the end of the day, You know what I mean?    ;)

Offline jackstee

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2013, 21:54:46 PM »
Hi Jacqui
Don't know that problem now. Used to be when the delivery trucks were not cooled but now a litre lasts us until we finish it with no problem. 4 - 5 days

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf