Author Topic: Another break in  (Read 10953 times)

Offline terrie

Another break in
« on: July 22, 2013, 09:47:01 AM »
Break in Saturday ,villa opposite mavi Kent,people only been there 24hrs,approx 10pm,while they were out
APparently the people were advised to check all windows and door locks,as a neighbours villa had been broken into,about two weeks before
Double French doors were kicked in,money I pad,kindle taken,and safe containing passports etc
Jandarma attended,including finger print people
Apparently there was a suspicious car arround,silver /grey with blacked out windows,two men and a lady,smartly dressed
On speaking to Turkish neighbours they said they had heard of a big white car driving arround suspiciously,only info given! (but that rang a bell! Wasn't there reports last year about break ins and a large white car being around at the times?

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Another break in
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 11:01:53 AM »
They seem to target those who have just arrived. How do they know this? Do they follow them home from the bars etc or (and I'm not being funny here) do they just follow those who have no sun tan so have obviously just arrived?

Seems organised as the new arrivals obviously have more cash around the house.

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Another break in
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 13:35:16 PM »
I used to suspect a number of the drivers who worked for the transfer companies had a hand in this. It's nearly always new arrivals who will be loaded with holiday spends.

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 13:42:46 PM »
It can be builders who have been doing work  swimminig pool people ,it can be anyone,and not the normal ones going round they only take cash no come back on that .

Offline quackers

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 14:12:05 PM »
Our turkısh neıghbours were burgled and had theır vılla ransacked a whıle back so not only holıday makers.I thınk they note the empty villas then watch to see when someone comes ın and pounce. Suspıcıous whıte car been around our area for a whıle. It drıves slowly round the roads. Wıll try and get the number plate.

Offline terrie

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 17:56:17 PM »
On some of the break ins we have heard about, I pads have been taken,
Now I'm not a computer nerd but I do know,there is an app(and probably more)that you can install when you purchase your I pads,that if stolen or lost you can gps track it,and even turn on the cameras,to see who is using it
The one I know about is called www.preyproject.com
If you haven't got one installed ,might be worth doing,and it's FREE

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2013, 19:08:39 PM »
I drove around that entire area in my white Fiat Palio Weekend, quite slowly, as I am a very careful driver. Does that make me a suspect??  >:(

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2013, 19:28:29 PM »
If you're driving a white Fiat Palio Gordy it just makes you a bigger *anker than I thought you were.  ;)

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2013, 20:50:58 PM »
I find this so scary! Do iron grills on windows and doors protect you?

Offline snowtop

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2013, 22:55:05 PM »
to-night as I was returning to my house near the KAAN hotel, I saw a Tofas Estate slowly cruising around our area.  i went in to the house to get my car keys but by the time I got out again it had disappeared.  if I see it again I will get its reg number and put it on the forum so people can keep their eyes open. it may be an innocent motorist but the time (0030hrs) and the area make me think otherwise

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf