Author Topic: Dental Implants  (Read 9801 times)

Offline johntaylor49

Dental Implants
« on: August 25, 2012, 12:03:00 PM »
Folks, Mrs M has receding gums and therefore will need to have dental implants or some other work at some time. I have seen numerous posts about Dentist Catagay but didnt read them too closely so apologies if this has been raised before.

On the web site they say they do dental implants, can anybody comment on this please? Ideally someone who has had him do some!

Meldrew

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Re: Dental Implants
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 15:22:35 PM »
Forgive me if this is rather an obvious question johntaylor49, but why didn't you read them too closely. You may well have found exactly what you were looking for.

For the numerous posts on here I understand that Catagay enjoys an excellent reputation and if the website says he does dental implants then I assume he does. 

Offline johntaylor49

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 16:34:14 PM »
Cos at the time I saw them over the last year or so it wasnt an issue, a bit like why I onloy just started wearing glasses, I didnt need to before I suppose

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 16:51:53 PM »
Take Mrs M to Cagatay for her implants. She'll be well looked after.

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
Dental Implants
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2012, 18:12:28 PM »
My understanding is that he has a dental surgeon who visits to do the implants.

Ian

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2012, 18:42:32 PM »
John, If you put this into the search box you will find lots of information.  Cagatay was telling us he has a Surgeon who comes up from Istanbul each week to help him out with the implants. Apparently, lots of British people are getting them done.  We did speak to a guy at the Surgery who had them done and we was delighted, as he had got rid of his dentures after a long period of time.
If you email Cagatay I am sure he will give you details. Think you need to find out the time it takes and book it in advance.

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2012, 19:27:02 PM »
John, I assume you'll be going over for an extended period of time as implants take several visits and proceedures.
I was going to go to Hungary for mine as they were sooooo much cheaper, and although in theory, my own dentist didn't object to  me having them done abroad, he said he would not treat any work I had done abroad if I needed something done, so I opted for here in UK.
  :)

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2012, 19:41:11 PM »
then your wrong Toky, you can be as patriotic as you like. it is not about cheaper, the quality of dental work here is far superior to england, you only have to look at posts  on CBF to see that, Cagatay is the best dentist people have ever come across, and yes a lot cheaper than UK, but the quality is far far  better.  :)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2012, 19:51:07 PM »
Cagatay is the best dentist people have ever come across, and yes a lot cheaper than UK, but the quality is far far  better.  :)

And so say all of us !

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2012, 20:31:57 PM »
What are you on about Desmartinson???????? Duh, you've lost me there!!!! My point was, I feared having to make repeat journeys to Hungary (or wherever I might have it it done)  which I wouldn't have been able to afford a series of return visits, combined with my dentist in my home town stating he wouldn't monitor or treat any work I'd get done abroad. Nothing to do wth patriotism FGS!!!  And for the record, I'm happy with the quality of the work I had done here. Read again, nobody's dissing Cagatay

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf