Author Topic: Worried!  (Read 2345 times)

Offline samandmark

• Newly Registered
Worried!
« on: August 03, 2013, 12:36:32 PM »
Hi everyone,
I'm worried that we should have had some jabs before our holiday?? We're off to Calis on Tuesday!

Is this an epic fail  ??? 

We are both up to date with tetanus, I'm embarrassed to say that it didn't even occur to me that we might need to get extra's  :-[ 

Any advice please   :) 

ps. Am I right in thinking that we can't use the EIHC thingy (EEA?) medical card in Turkey too?

Offline daveG

Re: Worried!
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 12:52:12 PM »
Don't worry just look forward to your holiday,Calis is not a "third world resort"and has no major issues. 8)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 12:53:39 PM »
a) You don't NEED to have any jabs. But it's always wise to keep up to date. Even in the UK there's always a  chance of catching one of the Hepatitis strains.

b) No, the European Medical Card isn't valid in Turkey.

Offline samandmark

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 14:07:08 PM »
  :)  :)  phew! Thank you both for your replies, they've put my mind at rest!   :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2013, 16:23:21 PM »
There was an almighty rush to our Surgery last year as it was in one of the newspapers that Travel Insurance Companies had a new rule.  If you do not get the recommended injections for the country you are visiting and become ill with any of the specified things on the injections list, they will not pay out for any treatment...you are on your own.
We went to our Surgery and Tetanus  and Hepatitis where the two injections recommended for Turkey.  We got them both.  The nurse at the Surgery had told us that, they had been rushed off their feet with people getting holiday injections.  She was saying it's very easy to get a cut on holiday with the danger of getting Hepatitis.... Get your injections for next time.  They are free of charge.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf