Author Topic: Well Done Auntie Beeb !  (Read 1937 times)

Offline valleyboy

Well Done Auntie Beeb !
« on: June 23, 2012, 19:46:24 PM »
I would just like to give BBC 4 a big "thumb's up" for their excellent music documentaries and programmes. If you are interested in music they are a must watch, well produced, informative, great interviews and very nostalgic !.

They normally do a music evening on a Friday night from about 9 pm on, providing several documentaries coupled normally with sessions or live concerts by the subject matter of the genre they are covering, for example last night was David Bowie, but they cover all sorts from Jazz, to Punk, to Disco plus singling out certain artists some weeks (as last night).

Also an excellent watch over the last 3 weeks was the 3 part "Punk Britannia" series of documentaries, great viewing !, covering not only the music but the cultural, social and historical implications of Punk, great stuff particularly if , like me, you are of a certain age !   ;). If you missed it I recommend you catch it on iplayer.

Well done Auntie, keep up the good work !   :)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Re: Well Done Auntie Beeb !
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 14:50:21 PM »
Yep couldn't agree more.  These and other factual programmes, and indeed some of the drama, are what I pay a TV license fee for.  Not for the likes of  'stenders or promotional shows for Lloyd Webber on a Saturday night.

Offline valleyboy

Re: Well Done Auntie Beeb !
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 09:27:22 AM »
Yes, I posted this emphasising the music programmes as it is in the music section to give like minded people the "heads up", but you are quite correct UBT, lots of the other programmes are excellent, well deserving of their claimed "factual digital channel of the year" award !   :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf