Author Topic: Holiday Let New Controls  (Read 94080 times)

Offline trainer

• Last man standing
Re: Holiday Let New Controls
« Reply #210 on: April 01, 2017, 13:29:14 PM »
I personally would like to thank Volkan for his input I think looking at his information it has been very helpful and as I see it if you are thinking of renting your property register or you could end up with some heavy looking fines gone are the days of making a few quid on the side, if it's family your ok it's the friends bit that seems to me to be the grey area how do you prove that the friends stay is free ?
As Volkan says we can take his info or leave it

Offline Volkan Hacıgümüş

• Newly Registered
« Reply #211 on: April 01, 2017, 15:19:21 PM »
thank you trainer,

however to clarify questions for people i contacted Mr Ibrahim the accountant. First of all he says he made it clear that his comments was solely regarding tax registration, not registration of short term rentals.

than he enlightened us on the subject who can stay or not stay in your property. There is a law passed in 1974 confirmes what he says, only your first degree relatives can stay in your place if you are not there. This law again based on the common term "No such thing as free bed". Again, this is a law that has been in power since 1974, nothing new, and it is ONLY related to taxation, not short term rentals.

therefore again we asked to a senior tax inspector and he answered:

"Technically what Mr Ibrahim says is correct. However, in Turkey the applications of laws are managed by 2 ways:
1) Written orders by higher authorities
2) Established customs

There is no established custom of a tax officer to walk in your "Residential House" and check if people are your relatives or not. Technically they can, however this is not applied. But please read carefully: "Once you rent your property more than once a year and only once you make an advertisement let it be verbal, on social media or on online sales sites, than your property is a business and your income is business income" Than your property is not residential anymore and any government authority can knock on your door, and will.

Hope to be help clarify.

best Wishes,
Volkan

Online Rana

• Newly Registered
« Reply #212 on: April 01, 2017, 19:43:28 PM »
Has anyone recently travelled to Turkey and have they been asked where they are staying? Instead of being told we will be asked,  would be nice to actually hear some evidence of this. Please share your experience as I'm sure many on here are confused.com.  :-\

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #213 on: April 01, 2017, 20:49:47 PM »
Again, the word tax appears countless times in these new lengthy responses but the word terrorism doesn't appear once.

Offline patrice

« Reply #214 on: April 01, 2017, 22:14:32 PM »
We arrived 24th February until 9th March and not question where we were staying.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #215 on: April 01, 2017, 22:16:11 PM »
But you wouldn't be would you...it's owners who need to engage with this not the renters (unless I missed something).

Offline faymoore

• Enjoy your life,this is not a dress rehearsal!
« Reply #216 on: April 01, 2017, 22:33:32 PM »
Has anyone recently travelled to Turkey and have they been asked where they are staying? Instead of being told we will be asked,  would be nice to actually hear some evidence of this. Please share your experience as I'm sure many on here are confused.com.  :-\

Hi Rana
Sue and arrived on Wednesday for 1 week only. (short visit as for personal reasons we are placing our property on the market )
We was expecting to be asked that very question,but never was!

We are returning early May and will post again then regarding this.

Dave.

Offline patrice

« Reply #217 on: April 01, 2017, 23:36:49 PM »
AT The time we were owners not renters

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #218 on: April 01, 2017, 23:58:18 PM »
They aren't looking for owners :o

As owners you aren't asked on arrival where you are staying, same for renters. As owners you engage with the police software etc and declare any renters you have in your property.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #219 on: April 02, 2017, 00:45:17 AM »
They aren't looking for owners :o

As owners you aren't asked on arrival where you are staying, same for renters. As owners you engage with the police software etc and declare any renters you have in your property.

But when you arrive are airport they don't know if you are an owner or a renter surely?

So if they are going to ask the question they must ask everyone without a Turkish passport.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf