Author Topic: Let's Hope...  (Read 3436 times)

Offline Dennis Vint

Re: Let's Hope...
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2015, 18:49:30 PM »
Yes, don't forget the Yorkshiremen Dennis!     ;)  ;D

Brothers in arms Marina when it comes to playing the yellow and the black shirts at Rugby League!   ;D  ;D

Offline marina

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2015, 18:54:14 PM »
Think you are right Chris about the next one being the decider. Definitely need to wrap it up next week. I suppose taking it to London is the RFL appealing to a wider audience. From what I've heard there's been a lot of interest and good ticket sales. We were thinking about going down and having a weekend in London and going to the match but then something else came up and we couldn't go. Now if the RFL had stuck to the M62 corridor and had the 2nd test in Huddersfield we could still have gone to the match!    : :)

Exactly Dennis!   ;D

Offline marina

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2015, 19:45:46 PM »
Just to add to my last post, on a more serious note, that whatever happens over the next couple of weeks we have been reminded today that it is only a game.  The news this morning that the young rugby league referee Chris Leatherbarrow has apparently (though not yet confirmed) taken his own life at the tragically young age of 26, leaving a wife and 4 year old daughter. The whys and wherefores are for another time but his family must be devastated. So, so sad.
RIP Chris

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2015, 17:40:02 PM »
Yes it's so so sad. Chris was heading for the echelon of refereeing Superleague and seemed to have everything going for him. He refereed quite a few games at Leigh sports village. RIP indeed.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf