Author Topic: Lewis Hamilton  (Read 2673 times)

Offline madmart

Lewis Hamilton
« on: October 30, 2017, 19:39:03 PM »
Any body have any thoughts on Lewis' fourth world championship?

A superb season from someone who is becoming better and better at his craft. If he beats all Schumacher's records I'll not be surprised

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
Re: Lewis Hamilton
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 19:57:40 PM »
He did brilliantly this season.
I share your opinion on him beating Schumacher's record wins. He is a class act.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 20:01:39 PM »
Put him, and the rest of 'em, in FIAT 500s straight off the production line and send 'em out to do battle against road works, old ladies on zebra crossings, speed bumps and roundabouts. Then we'll see who's a champion driver.  ;)

Offline Steve A

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 20:08:53 PM »
A thoroughbred racer

Offline madmart

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2017, 20:13:03 PM »
Put him, and the rest of 'em, in FIAT 500s straight off the production line and send 'em out to do battle against road works, old ladies on zebra crossings, speed bumps and roundabouts. Then we'll see who's a champion driver.   ;)

My money would still be on Hamilton!! He probably wouldn't hit any of them either!   :)

Offline rik

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2018, 21:13:19 PM »
Not entirely on subject as the season has finished and a new one closing in. But another slant on Grand Prix racing.

Obviously this will never happen, but what I would like to see is all drivers being paid from a central money pool according to how they finished the previous year. Then drivers given two races drawn randomly in each manufacturers car. Each driver would have his own coccoon that would fit into any car. They could also have an extra days untimed practice to familiarise themselves. At the end of the season you would get the best car and the best driver. The good driver would get the best from the worst car and the best car would get the best result for the less talented driver.
As I said, this will never happen, but it would certainly be better than the processions we usually get. This is a fun comment, so please read it as such.

Although as an aside, MotoGP rider Valentino Rossi gets into a rally car once a year and competes and regularly wins the LeMans rally.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf