Author Topic: Renting a Villa with dirty pool, has made us all I'll  (Read 7548 times)

Offline Jodiyacht

Renting a Villa with dirty pool, has made us all I'll
« on: July 16, 2015, 13:57:37 PM »
Help! My husband & our 2 teenage boys are checked in at Villa Mare, in Calis Beach, this is our 3rd day- we had a week previous at Dalyan & enjoyed the pool most days at the appartment but I thought it would be nice to move to Calis Beach for our second week , to Villa Mare & it's large,magnificent looking swimming pool. We arrived Tuesday afternoon, hot & ready to spend time in the pool- we don't like the beach! We noticed it was a funny murky colour but we got in.
Yesterday was hot & we spent most of our day in the pool but noticed it was even more murkier, and a strange colour. A groundsman was running backwards & forwards, checking the pool, which was reassuring but last night, we were all violently sick, with diarrhoea, unable to do anything
My husband now has terrible sores on his legs & very unwell & the pool this morning & this afternoon is a brown/ green murky colour with an obvious "bloom" on the surface.
What are our rights? We booked on the strength of the pool & the use we would enjoy from it.
We are here for another 5 days & wish we could check out & book elsewhere.
I have paid a deposit but am not happy to pay the rest & would rather pay to stay at another villa/ appartment, please give us some advise, regards, a worried Mum & wife

Offline littlereddevil

Re: Renting a Villa with dirty pool, has made us all I'll
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 14:16:27 PM »
You need to talk to the people you have rented from, have you complained?

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member

Offline Lorraine

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 14:48:06 PM »
 Can you save some of the pool water in a jar / bottle to get it tested to see what is in it that is making you all I'll??

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 15:57:22 PM »
Why would you even contemplate getting in a pool that's obviously dirty ?

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2015, 16:37:38 PM »
In the reviews there is someone called Caroline saying almost the same about the pool but they stayed in May and went on to Dalyan instead.

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2015, 17:00:40 PM »
Your rights are to expect to get what you have paid for. If you booked direct then you need to contact the owner. Failing that, you need to speak with whom you booked through. Take plenty of photos as proof of anything you are not pleased with and get your hubby to a doctor sooner than later.

Offline SteveJ

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2015, 18:23:32 PM »
If that's the one then as Bluewise reports, someone left this comment "The swimming pool was absolutely filthy with cockroaches and flies and a thick film of dirt on the entire surface of the pool. The water looked stagnant and cloudy." They were not very complimentary about the villa either so perhaps some reasearch would have steered you away from this one.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2015, 18:58:40 PM »
A friend of mine stayed there recently. She didn't have any problem with the pool, she said the villa is beautiful, but she had to wash the crockery and cutlery and said it was all a bit grubby.

Offline patrice

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2015, 18:58:51 PM »
Firstly I agree with Toky urgent you seek medical advice.
From the pictures it looks like a communal pool so there must be a maintenance company who are responsible for the up keep and safety of the pool and if so there should be contact details displayed nearby . It may be worth noting any information available for future reference incase the owner of the villa tries passing the buck ...just a thought

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf