Author Topic: tv's and sky  (Read 4933 times)

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
tv's and sky
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2006, 20:33:27 PM »
lance was that digital thats gone because my neighbours have digiturk and that was ok

Offline starman

tv's and sky
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2006, 02:33:12 AM »
There has been no problem with any of the digiturk channels. had it for 3 years now and still over 20 odd english channels with no interuption.
Also there is kind of a TV license fee but its a one off payment and is always built into the fee you pay for the TV unless you import one then you pay. You will notice nearly all TV's have a small TRT sticker on the back along with radios etc. DVD players dont have because they cant record.

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
tv's and sky
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2006, 10:15:43 AM »
Hi puma not to sure which it is can get BBC world channel 1 when i go on to prime or the others i get a logo come in top left corner with 2 sat/discs with red cross through them .

Lance [^]

quote:
Originally posted by puma

lance was that digital thats gone because my neighbours have digiturk and that was ok

Offline apollo

tv's and sky
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2006, 11:50:05 AM »
The debate on satellite televisions seems almost endless and equally as complicated.

As far as I can work out, apart from Digiturk, all systems involve either large dishes, addresses in The UK or hundreds of channels< most of which are in Arabic and any other language apart from English.

Digiturk is the local system and is rarely a problem. There is a huge range of entertainment available. This does depend on the package bought.

If that it is not enough then the video or DVD player fills the gaps.

My advice is use Digiturk and forget about other systems.

Offline wickwilly

tv's and sky
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2006, 13:04:16 PM »
Lance are you sure its digiturk that you have cos if there is a problem they will fix it for you for free. Thats included in the monthly fee. I used to have Hotbird but found that there were probably only 4 or 5 English speaking channels out of 900. BBC Prime was always going off and I believe it is still not working on this satellite Thats why I moved to Digiturk and have had no problems in over a year.

WW

Offline starman

tv's and sky
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2006, 17:54:41 PM »
couldnt agree with you more apollo. After trying all the dishes and at one point having a nice nest of dishes on my roof which got the neighbours to alk about what the englishman is doing there I decided to have digiturk and give up the GCHQ look and also it got tiresome loading in new codes which was becoming a daily ritual.

Offline pauline

tv's and sky
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2007, 15:07:28 PM »
Plese can someone tell me, is it easy to get Digiturk if you are not a resident?  We don't live there but would like tv for the times we visit (which will be much more in the very near future)!!

Pauline

Offline pauline

tv's and sky
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2007, 15:10:50 PM »
Plese can someone tell me, is it easy to get Digiturk if you are not a resident?  We don't live there but would like tv for the times we visit (which will be much more in the very near future)!!

Pauline

Offline starman

tv's and sky
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2007, 19:12:06 PM »
passport is enough but they will want credit card details or yearly payments if you are not a resident.

Offline pauline

tv's and sky
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2007, 07:41:21 AM »
Thanks Starman, thats what I wanted to hear   :)

Pauline

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf