Author Topic: tv's and sky  (Read 4965 times)

Offline mike

• Broadstairs, UK
tv's and sky
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2007, 08:58:07 AM »
There has been much talk recently of expansion of TV on the internet.
Personally I think it will be possible to receive all UK channels this way in the next few years, but I am not a computer buff. Does anyone have any info/ideas?

Offline mavisim

tv's and sky
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2007, 09:27:44 AM »
mike, with broadband in Turkey presently limited to a meagre 2mbit streaming isn't an option. Not exactly cost effective either on their present scale of charges. http://www.ttnet.net.tr/adslucret.htm

Things might get better over the course of the next few years but anything more than 2mbit delivery will require fibre optic rather than the antiquated copper cabling that exists for the large majority of non corporate users. :-(  Fat chance eh!

Offline glennat

tv's and sky
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2007, 15:04:16 PM »
Hi All,

Does anyone know if there is a satellite option where you pay for the dish and receiver etc, but then that's where the cost ends?  A bit like freeview where you get the basic "something in the background" TV.
I'm not interested in watching TV as such, more something to stare at (BBC news24 kind of things) if I get home too late to watch a DVD, but too early to go to bed I like to put the telly on.

Glen

Offline tarrabyrbrne

tv's and sky
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2007, 16:13:44 PM »
Do you have to get a yearly subscription for Digiturk or can you get it just on a monthly basis? As we can only get out for a month this year so don't really want to have to pay a whole yearly fee.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf