Author Topic: Great day out - Dalyan, Ituzutu Beach, koyecies  (Read 6752 times)

Offline lmaddy

Great day out - Dalyan, Ituzutu Beach, koyecies
« on: May 10, 2007, 11:55:02 AM »
We have a lovely day out exploring during our most recent visit to Turkey.
We had the car for the week and headed out towards Dalyan, it was a lovely drive we took the mountain road rather then the tunnel & headed up towards Dalaman.
Taking the mountain road reminded us of the beautiful scenery looking down towards Gocek and the steepness & windiness of the mountain road.

Dalyan is about an hour from Calis, it still has a  Turkish feel and we really enjoyed having a drink at a bar in the cobbled streets & browsing the many shops - all selling the usual tourist paraphernalia.
We strolled along the river front admiring the stunning views and taking in the local atmosphere.

We then did the 12km drive to Izuittu (no how do you spell it?) beach, this was a lovely drive through the plains with mountains either side - worth the drive for the views. It was obviously tortoise high activity season as we has to stop numerous times for the tortoise to cross the road - don't worry all were safe & lived for another day! The beach is fantastic, sandy and stretching for about a mile. One side was sea and the other the river. It was a breezy day but was just warm enough to sit on the beach. The little bar was open but there was nobody collecting money for the sunbeds though we were charged for parking. We idled an hour or so on the beach, walking throwing stones in the water

Next on our agenda was the lake town of Koyercies (sorry about the spelling) simply lovely, the town a typical Turkish working town with magnificent lake views. We took a stroll stopped for some drinks & biscuits. We really liked the feed of this town & we felt we could really live there. There are some apartments for sale overlooking the lake - tempting.

We really enjoyed this day, we just strolled, relaxed and took in the atmosphere - well worth the visit to all these places.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 12:05:55 PM by lmaddy »

Offline Yetkin

• Snapper
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 12:22:52 PM »
Iztuzu beach and Koycegiz  :)

Offline lmaddy

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 14:53:57 PM »
thank you - never was much good at spelling - even the spell checker gets confused with some of my words!

Offline McGroogle

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 21:37:28 PM »
Crabbit can elaborate on Koycegiz (he lives there with Pearl - hello Pearl and Dave) - it is a beautiful place and very Turkish.

That's the beauty of being in Calis there's some remarkable places only 1 hour away. You do right Maddy keep exploring, we do everytime we are over.

McGroogle

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2007, 22:16:46 PM »
Hi Jim
When are you coming to visit again ?

oops, off topic.

As McGroogle says, Koycegiz is a beautiful place and very Turkish, not too many English and certainly not any English Restaurants or Bars, if you want an English Breakfast, don`t bother coming here, because you have no chance of getting one, Mrs Scunner loves the Turkish Pide here and it`s not because they are only 2.5YTL.

Crabbit

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2007, 09:32:16 AM »
Thank you for that.  We are out next week and had planned to have a similar day out (bringing my teenage daughter and her friend) and we are in search of places we haven't yet been - Dalyan being one of them.  Is it easy to find a boat to take you to see the Tombs, or could any one recommend anyone in particular that we should seek out ?  (Daughter wants to know if its likely that we see any Turtles ?)

Offline lmaddy

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2007, 09:32:20 AM »
Crabbit,
Sorry to upset you but when we were there the lady who owns one of the restaurants on the front said she is going to start doing english breakfast and asked us about tea and what should she buy from Migros! One thing though we said english like toast but I don't think she quite understood so we settled for bread - though she then said garlic bread - we had to say no English won't like garlic bread for breakfast!
However we loved the place, I could imagine ourselves there, even my mother liked it!
Crabbit next time your passing I would be interested to know what the prices are of those apartments for sale directly looking at the lake.
For what it's worth we don't want English breakfast to be available.

McGroogle - we try & do something different each visit, so it was this little trip this time. Otherwise it is so easy to just sit by the pool doing nothing. We love Kas and Kalkan, I would like to go in land so any thoughts please let me know.

Lorraine

Offline McGroogle

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2007, 10:47:06 AM »
Pookie, if you get yourself to Koycegiz then head for the lakeside - don't worry you will be drawn like a magnet to it.

When you get there you will see boat trips available which will take you to the tombs cut into the cliffs, get you a mudbath and then takes you onto Turtle beach (sorry forgot the name of the beach). The sights are fantastic. Can't remember the price but very reasonable and a great day out.

Dave, not sure when we are getting out this year but will definitely nip over to see you all when we are next over - take care.

Maddy - I suppose you have done Tlos, Yakapark and Sakilkent? That is a great day out if you haven't done it already. We haven't got down as far as Kas and Kalkan but it isd on the 'things to do' list. Has anyone got any other idea's?

McGroogle

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2007, 19:00:53 PM »
 :) Sounds lovely, a friend of ours suggested we go there last year as we have exhausted most of the sights, If we want to go to the lakeside, do we head for Dalaman or Dalyan, believe its really nice and would like to give it a try. ;)

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2007, 07:28:10 AM »
Are these two places easy to find from dalyan what way do you go .

Lance

Iztuzu beach and Koycegiz  :)
[/quote]

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf