Author Topic: teenagers out and about  (Read 6359 times)

Offline sooty

teenagers out and about
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2007, 11:07:59 AM »
My mistake I assumed they were girls, boys are a different kettle of fish, let them go and enjoy themselves, like you say if they get a hangover, in this heat especially, they wont be in a hurry to do it again, warn them the Efes beer is very strong up to the lager in England, better keep my daughter locked up whilst they are here!!!

Offline tinkerbell63

teenagers out and about
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2007, 18:28:18 PM »
Ah Sooty,
They are lovely lads..can say that in all honesty! They are typical 16 year olds, up for a laugh and fantastic company to be with. Just concerned about my son, as he HATES beer/lager/wine etc and only likes vodka and fresh orange juice or those horrible alcopop type things. Trouble is, they drink them as though they are gulping soft drinks.
They can't wait to meet up with other teenagers and have a great time, but are also keen to spend time with us also, which is a bit of a rarity these days, I am led to believe. Your daughter will be safe with these two. They haven't got much confidence yet, don't realise how good looking they both are! Mind you, that might be a hidden attraction for the ladies!!

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
teenagers out and about
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2007, 09:05:05 AM »
Tinkerbell !   Don't worry too much !  If they go overboard they will suffer and probably it will be a lesson learned !  How many times have we all said 'never again' !!  It is a relatively safe place, and as long as they take lots of water ...!   I have a blonde haired blue eyed 14 year old daughter who thinks shes 19, so really understand what parental responsibility feels like :P.  Shame they don't arrive with handbooks isn't it ?!  Lets them have fun and put lots of cold water in the fridge :D: :)

Offline lmaddy

teenagers out and about
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2007, 16:18:10 PM »
When we took Larry 2 children to Hisaronu for the first time a few years back we had the same issue. We gave them just enough money to get a bite to eat & 1 or 2 drinks. We also arranged to meet them in town aboout 11.30  or gave them a time to be back by.  I think and we all walked home together. On the lst night they were allowed to stay out a bit later I think until 1am but they knew the place by then. Despite what they say kids like guidelines - they just need to be a bit loose to allow them some freedom. They were 16 & 14 then and we went with a couple with children the same age so there were 4 of them. They did OK.

Offline tinkerbell63

teenagers out and about
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2007, 17:59:29 PM »
Hi Pookie and Imaddy.
Thanks for your words...Yep, they will have to learn the hard way if anything. Bit more responsibility, with us taking someone else's teenager. Saying that, he is a great lad..I have no issues about anything with either of them. I just know how easy it is to go wild on holiday...heh heh!!!

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
teenagers out and about
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2007, 12:24:38 PM »
 ;) Just don't let them touch the Raki, its potent enough for adults, maybe you can trust them, but I would be more concerned about the other people that can't be trusted,  Caution is the keyword here, good luck. ;)

Offline tinkerbell63

teenagers out and about
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2007, 07:40:23 AM »
The lads are going to be let off their leashes and we have told them they can have a few drinks with us, but we would prefer it if they had soft drinks later on, when they are on their own. Also told them we will meet up and walk home some nights, but other nights if they are staying out pretty late, they must get a taxi. (Not sure how far our villa is from the centre.)
Hayley, I reckon it probably best to be a bit protective, rather than not bothering and just letting them run riot. I remember being 16 and no way could my mum have trusted me with alcohol or boys!!
These two are great, but they can be little demons when they are together.....

Offline Linda1953

teenagers out and about
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2007, 02:36:28 AM »
There is usually the Jandarma van parked opposite Azda for unruly drinkers late at night. There have been a couple of stabbings last summer in Hisaronu the "delikanli" can get quite wild when they have had a few.  

U know they wont stick to the soft drinks behind your back but I really do not think its sensible to encourage young underage people to drink. but they are going to do it anyway because they are on holiday.  Just my opinion.

Offline lizdev

teenagers out and about
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2007, 12:38:44 PM »
That's worrying about the stabbing's - was it British or Turkish invovled - were any particular bars involved.  What is 'delikanli'

Offline philrose

teenagers out and about
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2007, 14:05:04 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by lizdev

That's worrying about the stabbing's - was it British or Turkish invovled - were any particular bars involved.  What is 'delikanli'

Delikanli
kanli (i is without the dot) means (I think in this case)bloodthirsty criminal
deli means crazy
We get a few of these in Calis too:D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf