Author Topic: dental implant  (Read 8762 times)

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
dental implant
« on: August 29, 2007, 18:31:56 PM »
I have just had the misfortune of having suffered a cracked root, which has meant I have lost my front crown, and have had to have it replaced with a denture.  Its horrendous!! I feel like I am walking round with a mouth full of plastic!! I am now seriously considering a dental implant, but have been quoted £2000 here with my dentist. Has anybody had one done in Turkey, and if so at what cost?? many thanks. Thue (thed with a li[:o)]thp!!)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 23:41:48 PM by sunnyd »

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
dental implant
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 18:39:49 PM »
Mrs KKOB has just had a load of dental work done. She was quoted £5,000 for it in the UK, and had it done here in Fethiye for £1,200 with 6 months interest free credit. The dentist she used was Cagatay Aras.

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
dental implant
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 20:05:05 PM »
 :)Sue, if its just one crown and both your rootd on either side are good, you might be better going for a bridge, ;) failing that get your teeth stuck in to Sallyanns post.:P

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
dental implant
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 20:12:14 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by laffa

:)Sue, if its just one crown and both your rootd on either side are good, you might be better going for a bridge, ;) failing that get your teeth stuck in to Sallyanns post.:P

:D PMSL good one laffa :D ;)

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
dental implant
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 20:12:46 PM »
thanks all,have already considered the bridge one, but the tooth next door is also a crown, so not really possible. will have to try and "thuth" out the dentists in fethiye!!

Offline Lamberts

dental implant
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2007, 21:03:21 PM »
Hi Sue, I was speaking to Graham (on Oaklands) and he was praising the dentists in Turkey stating how advanced they seem compared to the UK, so he might be able to point you in the direction of a good one!

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
dental implant
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2007, 00:46:30 AM »
Sue
It is possible to have a bridge.
I had a 4 piece bridge done by Volcan Ozdag - at the side of fish market. He renewed the crown on 1 tooth & crowned another & put the 2 bridged teeth into the middle. I'd always hated the gap (which had gone down to about 11/2 teeth wide) but my private dentist here I just couldn't get to do this.

I also had a 'floating' click-in removable bridge for missing back teeth. He said he wouldn't do implants normally on people over 35 as they don't take too well. The floating bridge he made is all porcelain as I hated the plastic in my mouth of the 1st one he made & really couldn't get on with it. He didn't charge me extra for the totally new one his technician had to make. It's also all guaranteed for 5 years.

He charges (if I remember correctly) 285TL per tooth. He's very good - totally mental - but very good! Speaks perfect English & lots of people on here have been to him.

Linda

Offline easyfood

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2007, 08:53:07 AM »
Hi.  My husband had a similar problem to yours.  He went to Arif Arslan, next road to BIMs.  He had a bridge fitted with three teeth on it.  Total cost 200 pounds.  A friend told me similar work in UK would have been at least 800.  Speaks perfect English and really puts you at ease (I've been to him a couple of times and am terrified of dentists).  With him, no problems.  Good luck

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
dental implant
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2007, 20:10:52 PM »
this is all great news. Thanks. I think I will deffo try Volkan as I have heard a lot of good reports on here of him. interesting stuff about the implant.. and thanks Becky and Steve, I will go and have a chat with Graham when I am out in October.

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
dental implant
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2007, 20:15:54 PM »
this is all great news. Thanks. I think I will deffo try Volkan as I have heard a lot of good reports on here of him. interesting stuff about the implant.. and thanks Becky and Steve, I will go and have a chat with Graham when I am out in October.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf