Author Topic: Is it worth.....  (Read 2922 times)

Offline tillyfloss

Is it worth.....
« on: September 10, 2007, 18:30:35 PM »
Noticed that Tesco etc are selling DVD players for £29.  we're in the process of kitting the house out.  Would it be worth me bringing one over to Turkey or are they pretty cheap?
Oh, what's a good make of TV to buy in Turkey and what's the cost?

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
Is it worth.....
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 18:42:33 PM »
DVD Players are approx 79 YTL (£30) here.
You can buy numerous makes (some well known brands) of TV here, from 699 YTL upwards.

Crabbit

Offline LoubyLou

Is it worth.....
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 19:24:28 PM »
I echo Crabbits comments - bought DVD player in Migros a few weeks ago for about 70YTL.

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Is it worth.....
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 19:50:37 PM »
We bought a CD/DVD/Radio/MP3 player by Sony in Turkey. Looks just like a small music system and sits under the TV but it has saved us buying all those things seperatley. We are chuffed with it. We have dumped some of our music from the UK onto discs in mp3 format and play them on it.I think it cost about £150. The kids plug in their ipods and play music through it (50 cent is not on our Mp3 discs thankfully)

Offline number2

• More than just a member
  • Prolific Member
Is it worth.....
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 06:30:54 AM »
I've mentioned it a couple oftimes, i bought a dvd+surround sound for about £70 from migros, it aint worth carrying one over, we did bring something over with us though, and we haven't set it up yet, instead of a TV, we bought a projector, as all the walls are painted white they make a lovely screen, so wecan have roughly a 300" screen, the bed settee stops us having it full size, looking forward to it being set up for football, lol. Alan

Offline tillyfloss

Is it worth.....
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 12:17:46 PM »
Thanks for replying.  Sounds like I might as well get my stuff over in Turkey after all!  where's the best place for electrical goods?  My house is in Uzumlu.
Is there anything that is worth bringing over?
Thanks
x

Offline chewyturk

Is it worth.....
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 09:15:18 AM »
Generally ALL electrical items here are more expensive than the UK - especially if you want a brand name. We bought nearly all our large items here to save money on shipping. DVD, food mixer, iron, smoothie maker etc we brought from uk.
Bear in mind that entertainment electricals (dvd/tv/music system etc) are taxable upon entry unless you stuff them in your suitcase and hope for the best!!

Offline nig68

Is it worth.....
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2007, 19:39:08 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by chewyturk

Generally ALL electrical items here are more expensive than the UK - especially if you want a brand name. We bought nearly all our large items here to save money on shipping. DVD, food mixer, iron, smoothie maker etc we brought from uk.
Bear in mind that entertainment electricals (dvd/tv/music system etc) are taxable upon entry unless you stuff them in your suitcase and hope for the best!!

with all the talk re' carrying elects into turkey, and as it stands havin no digiturk or medium to view TV over at our apartment - has anyone tried a UK freeview box, scan for channels to see the results?.
would be interested as wer'e currently packin tha bags for the next G visit. cheers...

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Is it worth.....
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2007, 20:05:42 PM »
It may be possible with an aerial the same length as Gunlukbasi High Street

Offline dizzy dora

Is it worth.....
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2007, 20:11:13 PM »
What Turkish freeview gets you more English channels, or has it got to be sky at a monthly charge.
Cheers sue

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf