Author Topic: conversion  (Read 2099 times)

Offline Linda1953

conversion
« on: October 26, 2007, 11:33:56 AM »
Dont know where to post for this so Ive posted here.

Got a turkish computer anyone know how much it costs to have it converted to english? or has anyhone had this done?

I can still use it but only when I have a problem then I really know I cant read turkish.:D

Offline DavidNicholson

conversion
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 12:28:44 PM »
If you are running Windows - go to Control Panel - select Region & Language (A Globe icon) and set the language to English.
Hope that helps.

Offline Linda1953

conversion
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 10:20:16 AM »
ok I will try that see if it works.  Using windows vista.  

Also dont use that Blue soliel blue tooth standard connector anyone who has Vista or it will crash your compuer and you will get a blue screen you got to get your computer back into safe mode and then delete all the drivers to it before you can get it back off.  Think there is a version of bluetooth for Vista.

Considering I dont know computer jargon Im doing quite well at managing this laptop because of my memory for the english programmes but most of it is just guesswork.

Offline turkce

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007, 00:17:21 AM »
I presume you mean it has Turkish Windows to change to English you will need to purchase an English version.

If Keyboard Turkish then just get a new one from UK. If you buy English keyboard in Turkey it will be American so the keys will be a different layout.

You don't mention what programs you have, but I presume they are in Turkish and even if you change the windows language the programs will stay Turkish.

Offline Linda1953

conversion
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2007, 18:41:54 PM »
My Turkish operating system is Windows Vista.  My computer is a laptop.  I probably will have to purchase and English version of Windows Vista.  

There is a facility to switch keyboards but mind does not seem to work it only switches websites from English to Turkish language.

Offline holidayworld

conversion
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2007, 21:02:01 PM »
Depending where you are in turkey just pop along to a computer shop and ask them to put an english copy of windows XP Pro on for you then you shouldn't have any problems at all, it shouldn't cost you to much either.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf