Author Topic: A builder named Nedim  (Read 8780 times)

Offline Phil

A builder named Nedim
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2007, 08:30:18 AM »
If this is the Nedim I know (who hangs out at Nil Bar) I would  certainly recommend his work.
If he was recommended by the Estate Agent I know that uses him I would have no hesitation in saying that they are honest and honourable people who are likely to be upset to hear of your problems.
I may be wrong but re-roofing a house sounds like a big job for Nedim - did he do the work himself or did he sub-contract the work to another builder ?
Some of the prices Nedim has given us have been very reasonable but on reflection some of the other prices have been very expensive, but I tend to stick with him because he will turn up at short notice for emergencies and I trust him to go in the house during the winter.
Good luck with sorting everything out - I know this post hasn't helped you sort anything out but at least you know you are not dealing with complete rogues and it may give you hope that it can be sorted out.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 08:36:04 AM by Phil »

Offline cenk

A builder named Nedim
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2007, 08:59:20 AM »
I know Nedim for years and reccommend him for renovation works sometimes ,  but I AM NOT the estate agent of Brandi who reccommended him in this event . I will be happy if Brandi confirms this .

Nedim's work quality is good and he is always helpful.

After reading Brandi's post , I called Nedim and asked what happened , in order to help both sides .
He said he definately put insulation material under the tiles . He said he was called by Brandi's agent after the work and went to check the leaking . When he went , he saw some tiles are broken and changed them . I was told , he wasnt called anytime after changing the broken tiles and thought that problem is sorted.

Laura , he said he will contact your agent again.
Hope this helps.
Cenk
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 09:14:49 AM by cenk »

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
A builder named Nedim
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2007, 12:54:19 PM »
Cenk when Brandi said the estate Agent was not returning her calls anyone who knows you and Olga would have known straight away it was not you.

Offline farry

A builder named Nedim
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2007, 13:10:06 PM »
Cenk,
I think it is fantastic that you have gone to the trouble to help Brandi out.  It shows how good this forum is to have made it happen. I'm sure Brandi will be delighted at the help you have given her. It is reassuring to know that there are people out there like yourself who are willing to help others in their time of need. :D

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
A builder named Nedim
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2007, 16:27:12 PM »
When we had our property on Telmessos, Cenk reccomended Nadim to us and he carried out several jobs for us all with great satisfaction,
but we did have one problem with him, He kept drinking my beer :o.

He is a very genuine nice man, he even came back one evening with his wife and stayed the evening with us and even bought us a gift,
which was an oil lamp to keep the mossies away, unfortunately we had no matches so he nipped round to Alan and Dawns house and borrowed theirs :-\

Tinx ;)

Offline George Warner

A builder named Nedim
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2007, 17:58:14 PM »
How eerie,We have just had Nedim round,on recommendation,to quote to correct some really shoddy work done by a well known person from Fethyie,his reaction when he saw the work was s##t, the state of the roof meant we didn't need a shower room,and yes we did give the original "builder" the chance to come and put right the mess,five weeks of exuses.Watch this space and we will,on Monday after Nadim has been round and done the business report on how successful he has been, he has guaranteed  that his guarantee will be of some value

Offline Twin Bee

• The Artist Formerly Known As
A builder named Nedim
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2007, 01:34:00 AM »
it is also common in Turkey that roof tiles are not nailed down. I think Turkish people are less worried about weather proofing than the British - probably due to having different climates rather than any devious motive.

Offline George Warner

A builder named Nedim
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2007, 08:46:49 AM »
We have the same type of tiles fitted to our house in the UK they have been in place for over 40 years they do not leak even in hurricane's like 1987 they do not require or have any provision for nailing down. If they are fitted correctly over a water proof membrane onto battens and aligned properly they will not leak.The problem seems to be where the metal FLASHING [one for the ladies to comment on]joins the wall how can this work long term with the heat of the summer causing it to expand and shrink and breaking the cement fillet seal used to hold the FLASHING[again] in place

Offline Brandi

A builder named Nedim
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2007, 12:22:00 PM »
Cenk - you are a star.  I can confirm that Cenk was not the agent I spoke of in my first post.  I can however confirm that Cenk has always been extremely helpful as evident, yet again, in this instance.  We have now been contacted by Nedim and the agent and he was meeting at the property yesterday. Just waiting to hear the outcome of that meeting.  Hopefully it can at last all be sorted out.  Cenk I cannot thank you enough - I think a reward is in order !!
To everyone else - thanks for your contributions, they too have been very helpful.
I can also confirm that the agent was not Keith nor Yetkin.  I would like to thank Keith very much for such a superb forum.  
Drinks all round when I'm next out in Calis
Cheers

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
A builder named Nedim
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2007, 12:33:06 PM »

Glad you got it sorted, Nedim owes me "drinks all round" too for what turned into a good advert for him  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf