Author Topic: Calis Postal Mess Continues  (Read 4616 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Calis Postal Mess Continues
« on: January 05, 2008, 11:24:10 AM »
On a rare visit to the PTT we took our number, 296, and looked up to see  what number they were serving - 233 - so decided to go upstairs to ask if there was any Calis post piles for a quick rummage.

"Calis yok" came the reply. That was the end of the conversation. Then another guy asked if it was a parcel we were looking for. We aren't in particular but said yes anyway, just in case.

We were ushered into another room, and while the guy was looking through the parcels I cast my eye across a pile of mail, just dumped along a wall. I saw two letters for people I know, and many envelopes that looked like they might well be Christmas cards. My professional skill at reading upside down came in useful  :)

I couldn't have a rummage but there is definitely a lot of abandoned post on the floors of the PTT.

Then we returned downstairs to see that they'd got as far as 245. So thanks to the guy who parked right outside on the zebra crossing, it passed the time to watch your car getting lifted onto the truck and taken away.

That's another thing - you don't stop at zebra crossings EVER (I did once and got beeped to hell by the cars behind me!) but you can't park on one. Why not? They aren't crossings at all, just paint on a road  ;)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 11:55:41 AM »
They're not Zebra Crossings here. They're just invitations to get killed.

Offline seacat

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 10:14:15 AM »
the 'postal mess' is not just confined to the calis area, we currently have 3 parcels and 8 letters missing!they are definitely no longer at the fethiye ptt as we spent a good hour yesterday sorting through all the debris, what we did find however, were letters and bills for english people with dates of up to one year ago!! the sad thing is i don't think the ptt have any intention of ever delivering them.

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 15:24:42 PM »
I was told last night that some British ladies had been to the PTT, and had sorted through the mail, and now there is a whole load of it waiting for anyone concerned at the new restaurant near to Yakamoz, on the new marina extension.
Gordy.

Offline joan

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 15:48:59 PM »
We live by Tansas and we dont get any of our mail.We have been to PTT at least 12  times and have seen the pile of unsorted mail get bigger and bigger.We just get told there is no postman for our area and find them very unhelpful.This must effect a lot of people.Is there anyway we can start some sort of petition about this as  this has been going on for months and there is no sighns of the situation improving.It now appears our  mail could be anywere.

Offline Marly

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 19:01:34 PM »
we live in koycegiz and have not recieved any mail for the last 3 months !! am expecting parcels sent from U.K 10th Dec and possibly other mail to, can anyone tell me if the mail for koycegiz is sorted at Fethiye? and is it possible to go and collect it if so.
There is also a web site in English www.ptt.gov.tr  which i have e-mailed to but no reply as yet!!
  But yes think that something does need to be done!

Offline joan

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2008, 20:07:00 PM »
Marley,i have emailed them aswell,perhaps if everyone who is having problems did this they might realise a problem exists.

Offline crazychick

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2008, 23:04:59 PM »
To let some of you know there is a box of letters at the reasturant/bar next to yakamoz, we call it bogies!! There is also a few letters at val`s bar near the culture center. I was there when the kind ladies were sorting through it and there is quite a lot. Mainly for the tusla area but some from other areas. All you need to do is go down there tell the staff you wanna look at the mail and they will let you. I myself am not affected by this as i am a uk resident but am absolutely appauled by the way the ptt is dealing with you all and your mail. I can only say that i hope it all gets sorted soon and you can enjoy your letters and xmas cards from loved ones.

Offline joan

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2008, 09:08:35 AM »
Has anyone any ideas who we could write to regarding this situation.Perhaps the Mayor or someone might be able to help as i think its awfull our mail could be anywere and with anyone.It could be bank statements ,credit cards  or anything

Offline Jock

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2008, 10:33:11 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by GordonA

I was told last night that some British ladies had been to the PTT, and had sorted through the mail, and now there is a whole load of it waiting for anyone concerned at the new restaurant near to Yakamoz, on the new marina extension.
Gordy.

Why have these people been allowed to take other peoples mail from the post office? This sounds to me like it is going to end up an even bigger fiasco than it already is. I understand that they may think they are helping people but I certainly dont think so.

I have had no post, not one letter or parcel. I am now waiting on 8 parcels and this dates back from August.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf