Author Topic: Calis Postal Mess Continues  (Read 4615 times)

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
Calis Postal Mess Continues
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2008, 12:43:26 PM »
Jock - Didn't like to post it but I think exactly the same.
So any Tom, Dick or Harriet can now go to the post office & take anyones mail, leaving it whereever takes their fancy?
Good job there aren't any criminals out there looking for posted credit cards, nice Christmas or Birthday parcels???
What a fiasco!

Offline Jock

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2008, 12:53:15 PM »
If any happens to come across any letter or parcels for Leigh, Kadir, Cameron and Enes Bozkurt in one of the various NEW post offices scattered around Fethiye and beyond, if you could kindly let me know and I will get round there to collect them.

2 very nice Halloween costumes for my wee boys are included in the missing parcel list ..... gosh when was Halloween????

Thanks in advance.

Leigh

Offline doll

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2008, 14:20:04 PM »
i think its best not to have any thing of value in the post
just letters or cards
the mail comes through istanbul
 if anything looks as though it has any value it will go missing
its ok to send out, best to use the carrier services or ask friends ,family to bring mail etc

Offline crazychick

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2008, 15:33:07 PM »
Apparently the PTT office is now automatically taking the english post to the reasturant near yakamoz. Most of this post is for the tuzla area but a couple are for ovacik!!! I was down there today and fresh bunch of post was taken there this morning. There is quite alot for a family with the surname mc callaugh or mc callock, and quite alot for a family with the surname sounding like morley or mouwerly. I hope this information is of some help to people. I will only be in turkey till monday but will keep you updated till sunday. When i go to the reasturant on friday i will write down all the surnames of post there and post it on here.

Offline wickwilly

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2008, 18:28:45 PM »
Thats very nice of you Crazychick but I just wonder about all the mail for people who dont have internet or know of this site. How will they know their mail could be in a restaurant in Fethiye?

Offline Ingol Angel

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2008, 18:58:36 PM »
We now know that this postal fiasco has been going on since the end of August 2007.  The Fethiye Times has already published the fact that, in their opinion, it will be physically impossible for the PTT to deliver all the outstanding mail.  If any CBF members know the whereabouts of the British Consulate in Fethiye, perhaps we could involve them and subsequently put pressure on the PTT.  The Fethiye Times also published the fact that unpaid telephone bills etc can and do incur interest on late payment.  So basically, people are going to be charged more because of the incompetance of the Fethiye PTT!

Offline AndyLin

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2008, 20:35:13 PM »
Since Aug we have had 1 lot of mail delivered to the appt, because of this we changed our address to the office(near migros) and still no mail, it is all beinging held in the post office, now we find it is at the Bogarazici resturant near the Yakamoz, so what is the next move. Shall we all meet there on mass????.The post office of course, not the resturant. But we could have a beer while deciding what steps to take next

Offline AndyLin

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2008, 21:01:31 PM »
Will also have a word with the guy from the Consulate while in town tomorrow, we know him from the the old days when he worked for European Diving

Offline joan

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2008, 21:25:50 PM »
Well we have checked the post at Bogarazici resturant but none there for us,perhaps we should check with Tansas when we do our shopping!!!Andylin thats not such a bad idea a mass meeting at the PTT i am up for it, anyone else?

Offline Steve B

• The Hairy Branflake
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2008, 21:39:52 PM »
When I lived in Alanya back in 96, my mum said she had posted me a little pressie for my Birthday in the May of that year. I went to the PTT weekly to see if it had arrived and every week 'Yok.' By the end of July that year I was about to give up when the fella at the PTT said 'YES!' with a big smile and he handed me a dusty package which had obviously been there for weeks!!

Some things never change.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 21:52:07 PM by Steve B »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf