Author Topic: Duvets,Sheets and Pillows  (Read 2452 times)

Offline suzi Q

Duvets,Sheets and Pillows
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2008, 14:16:51 PM »
Jezz, brought all ours from UK but don't forget Turkish beds are a different size to British beds. first of all they aren't as high so if your buying valances they need to be taken up,also they are slightly longer in length.
We brought matteress protectors in fethiye one wash and they shrunk!
Also had a problem trying to buy feather pillows.
We looked at things like throw overs and suchlike but found they were better value and better quality in UK.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2008, 15:35:44 PM »
We have bought some good quality duvets from Migros. 25TL on sale now for doubles. Pillows also from Migros. We have had our for 12 months and they still "bounce back" Sheets we got in England because they were on sale over there. We bought duvet covers in England just because we prefer the style of them in England and they are better quality.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 15:37:48 PM by mercury »

Offline julesbob0303

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2008, 17:51:35 PM »
We bought bedding (sheets, pillow cases etc) from a little shop in Gunlukbasi.  They are really good quality and an excellent price. The man in the shop doesn't speak a word of english, but he phones someone in Fethiye who speaks perfect english and then puts you on the phone!  It was good fun, and we eventually got exactly what we wanted - white good quality sheets which the creases dropped out of within 24 hours.  Don't know what they wash like - we only had two nights in our new apartment before returning home.  Be back out in March - guess I'll have to wash them then!

Everything else we brought over from the UK - it was easier (though he did have an excellent choice, to be fair to him.) Julie

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2008, 18:27:57 PM »
like most of the posters bought from home,taking over some cotton mattress protecters next trip cheaper in england then turkey
bought the thick blankets from a shop in fethiye glad we bought them used them this winter

Offline Elsa Padfield

• Minehead, UK
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2008, 19:06:34 PM »
We bought initially in Fethiye but they're cotton and need ironing.  They haven't gone grey at all so that's OK.  We bought some in the UK and took them over.  We took some duvets with us, we didn't put them in a case but left them in thier packaging and put that into a large black sack.  The pillows etc were bought in Fethiye.  As it's been noted, it's better value in the UK.  Materess protectors didn't fit though when we brought them over and I had to cut off the fitted bit and just leave the top bit.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2008, 19:25:35 PM »
I don't know anything about duvets. The last time I went to a duvet shop in England I misunderstood a "Duck Down" sign and hurt my head quite badly.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf