Author Topic: Planning a holiday to Calis Beach ...  (Read 8226 times)

Offline Beach_Bunny

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2008, 15:16:36 PM »
I must sound so stupid *embarassed*
I expected them to speak Turkish but I'm releived to hear that there are english speakers in the area. Thankyou  :)

Is the dolmus reliable? How often does it run?

Offline crazychick

Planning a holiday to Calis Beach ...
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2008, 16:03:51 PM »
Hi beach bunny. My names lorraine or rather crazychick!! I absolutley love Calis and nearby fethiye. Im only 23 (24 in April) and i cant find a bad word to say about the place. Im going out there in March for 6months and i cant wait. Im going to be staying at mums in Fethiye but love visiting Calis. Yeah the beach may be pebbles etc but its a lovely place where you can relax,make firends and there are alot of things o do at night. If calis isnt your place for night time then there are places very near by. Calis is a lovely area and like i said i cant find a bad thing about it and im only 23! And as for your question the dolmus is a very relaiable service and runs almost all the time!

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2008, 17:12:36 PM »
if you are looking for a sandy beach oludeniz is only a half an hour on the dolmus beautiful beach

Offline tonysue

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2008, 17:33:10 PM »
Merhaba, Calis is the ideal place for a relaxing holiday. The beach is not going to win a blue flag, but it is quiet and the scenery is beautiful. with lots of  sunbeds for hire and bars and restaurants lining the prom you have all you need. Olu Deniz beach, which is the most photographed beach in Turkey is only a short hop on the dolmus away. The water dolmus into Fethiye harbour is the more leisurely option where you can go out on a boat trip for the day with lunch included for about a fiver.July and August may not be the best time to visit as it is too hot, if you want to sit under the shade and drink water then fine, but if you want to get out and about and enjoy beachlife then come earlier or later.Oh and everybody speaks English. Enjoy. 8)

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2008, 17:46:19 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

I'd say May & September, although some prefer October. May is best for a clean beach :D :)

Clean? You're having a laugh!

Opps..nothing good to say, then say nothing at all.

Offline Beach_Bunny

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2008, 18:01:59 PM »
Thankyou so much to everyone who has replied. I am really excited now.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2008, 18:02:39 PM »
You're not going to sell your house with posts like that lol

CleanEST then, they clean it up before the season starts, then people leave their bottles and efes cans on it and go home.

Offline Beach_Bunny

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2008, 18:14:43 PM »
LOL @ Scunner.
That's the kind of pessimism that put me off wanting to go. But after this thread I'm raring to go again.

If anything wasn't to my taste it's nice to know that there are other things to keep me occupied not too far away.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2008, 18:19:11 PM »
Hi Beach Bunny
We have had a fair few holidays and been to quite a few countrys in my life, I went to visit my cousin who lives in Calis in September 06, I totally fell in love with Calis and Turkey and in the space of a year I had bought my own holiday apartment in Calis, I have never done anything so rash and exciting in my life. Like you say a holiday is partly what you make it.When we go for two weeks that is still not enough time for us to do everything we want to do.There are loads of different trips to choose from.
Last year I went in April, May, July, August and October I can honestly say that May was the best time for me weather wise, it was just right, July and August were unbelievably hot. I would say go for it otherwise you will never know for yourself!
Hope this helps you a little.

Offline john0164

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2008, 18:24:57 PM »
hi beach bunny i went there 3 years ago for a week and came home to my wife and kids with a property in calis. we love the place it is easy going the people are great weather good and can not wait to get back out there. i have friends in there 20s who go back every year a holiday is what you make it.go for it you only live once:D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf