Author Topic: Digiturk HD  (Read 2080 times)

Offline vexaar

Digiturk HD
« on: January 21, 2008, 17:16:12 PM »
Anyone got this?

Apparently it costs min 620YTL to buy the Digiturk Plus box and added monthly subscription thereafter. You keep the box. Who are you going to use it with though if you drop Digiturk?

Costs aren't too far off Sky HD but with fewer channels.

Alternatively I could get a SCART-HD converter from England to plug into my analogueDigiturk box.

It (allegedly) scales SCART analogue up to 720p HDMI. My TV is 1080p capable.

Anyone using this type of converter and able to comment on quality?

Offline starman

Digiturk HD
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 18:25:14 PM »
They keep calling me and I keep telling them the same thing. Why on earth would I spend so much money on something I dont watch. I only have it on for the wife as I get all my TV from the net.

Offline Linda

Digiturk HD
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 08:54:09 AM »
Typical woman here - very untechy!! So can anyone tell what the fuss is all about - what is Digiturk HD or + - in laymans terms? Is is like SKY where ou cna pause live TV etc. Not that I really understand that either lol

Offline vexaar

Digiturk HD
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 15:47:52 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by starman

They keep calling me and I keep telling them the same thing. Why on earth would I spend so much money on something I dont watch. I only have it on for the wife as I get all my TV from the net.

Thanks starman. Not an answer to my question though.

Offline vexaar

Digiturk HD
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 15:52:01 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Linda

Typical woman here - very untechy!! So can anyone tell what the fuss is all about - what is Digiturk HD or + - in laymans terms? Is is like SKY where ou cna pause live TV etc. Not that I really understand that either lol

Yep Linda. It's like Sky+. You need an HD ready TV and an HD satellite box. Which is what I want to avoid by using a converter. But I'm not sure if quality/price is worth it.

Offline vexaar

Digiturk HD
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 16:01:38 PM »
quote:

Plus absolutely stunning picture quality

Offline Linda

Digiturk HD
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 23:31:55 PM »
I can speak 'some' Turkish but the translation worries me somwwhat?

Offline chewyturk

Digiturk HD
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2008, 23:09:36 PM »
An upscaler will give you better quality pictures from normal digital channels but you won't be able to watch the HD channels unless you have a HD receiver.

Offline vexaar

Digiturk HD
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 17:56:24 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by chewyturk

An upscaler will give you better quality pictures from normal digital channels but you won't be able to watch the HD channels unless you have a HD receiver.

Thanks chewyturk. DVD player has upscaler built in but it's the converter that's not certain. Reviews say it's not that good. TV is HD ready.

Offline vexaar

Digiturk HD
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2008, 17:59:33 PM »
quote:

Correction. Digiturk plus is basically Sky+ and Sky HD combined. But I think only four Digiturk channels are currently available HD ready.

Chewyturk may know more.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf