Author Topic: Activities for kids  (Read 3177 times)

Offline fredam

« on: January 23, 2008, 11:35:26 AM »
Hiya, all.   It has been so long since I signed in, I don't know if I need to do another intro.  But it is nice to see the names I recognise (hi all), and new ones (hugs Yetkin, who helped me with the house a couple years ago).

We have come to Calis over Easter the last couple years, but found it is lacking things to do.  The last two years, my darling husband has had to cancel, and I found myself spending most of the time at the Anna playing pool with my 11 year old.  The pools are closed, the sea is cold, and many of the places are closed.  I don't really want to undertake a big sightseeing trip, as I want to do that with DH.  We've done the riding bit, which was lovely (if you have the nerve to put your 9 year old (then) on a horse which hasnt been ridden all winter and doesnt like it now.  lol)  My son is well behaved enough that we stop for a drink at the busstop or something, but I'm not really comfortable hanging about in a bar looking like I'm needing a man.  :-)

Is there anything you can recommend which 1) gets us out of the house other than for a walk along the promenade 2) doesnt mind kids attending 3) doesn't happen so late at night (as I am bit of a stickler about regular bedtimes) and 4)which is close enough it can be done a couple times?  I saw that Lykia world has minigolf, but can the public go and do it?  Can someone just phone the telephone number on the fence at the tennis courts and arrange to use them?  How does that work?  We have never seen the paintball center open?

Also, this is really cheeky, but a couple times my son has met ex-pat children over there and really liked them and enjoyed playing on the beach with them.  He wanted to meet up with them again, but asking them for a phone number just isnt "done" is it?  Would any of you know kids of about the same age (11) who would like a game of football/Nintendo/pool or something?  I saw there was a kid's forum, but he isnt old enough for it.

Thanks very much for any advice you can give.  On one hand, I don't mind it so much, as I stock up on books and spend my time reading.  On the other hand, he just wants to play on the pc - why shell out for plane tickets to do that?  

Looking forward to being back there.....:D  and thanks again.

Love,

Freda

Offline Twin Bee

• The Artist Formerly Known As
Activities for kids
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 12:01:00 PM »
Yes - go to Sakligent Gorge - you can go by bus (takes about 45/60 minutes). Kids really love it. It is one of those natural attractions that suits all ages.  Big kids can slide of some of the smooth rocks and write their name in mud on the rocks. The walk is unique but it is not suitable for the infirm though they can still enjoy a meal and people watch. We did this walk roughly the same time last year. Another option could be to hire a water taxi for the day (10-5). I think they will be open if you plan in advance. They may need a day or two to get provisons and a boat prepared. - cost about £75 but includes a BBQ and is not expensive if you have a small group. We did it in April one year with 4 adults and 2 kids. It was wonderful seeing the views especially the snow capped moutains in the back drop - yet it was sunny and warm as well. The boat peole may provide fishing rods if you ask and stop for a swim though the water  will be a bit chilly!!
Hope you find something- have fun
Stuart

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Activities for kids
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 12:44:18 PM »
There's now a ten pin bowling alley, virtually opposite Tansas supermarket & I've seen mini golf on the main road towards Migros

Offline Steve (redding43)

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Activities for kids
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 12:53:36 PM »
I can recommend the ten pin bowling that Liz refers to, also at the same place is a snooker hall + your normal collection of amusement arcade type games

Offline fredam

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 13:05:34 PM »
Thanks for those so far....We've been to Sakklikent - we are saving it for the summer when we can add the rafting on!    We only made it so far up the gorge...I was a bit pudgy and there was no way I was going to make one of those poor lads suffer with me stepping on his back to climb up.  I've lost a bit though now, so probably will next time.  lol  Is Sakklikent open so early in the year?  I thought it was closed until about May?

Tansas?  I only know Migros and the old Gimma (that's a different one now, though isnt it?  Does the purple bus still stop there?)

Is the minigolf open in the Spring?  That would be lovely - we love minigolf!!

Offline Jock

Activities for kids
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2008, 13:18:30 PM »
Sorry but just to let you know the bowling alley is closed and a sign that it is up for rent.

Offline bigfellow

Activities for kids
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2008, 13:22:49 PM »
is Saklikent  closed until may?  i hope not!
anyone know the score.

Offline fredam

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2008, 13:31:28 PM »
oh bummer.....I was looking forward to the bowling....

I hope it isnt closed either - someone told me it is closed because of the water going through it in winter.  They may mean Dec-Feb...or they have been full of rubbish and not had a clue.  :-)  We have only gone in the summer

Offline farry

Activities for kids
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2008, 14:34:25 PM »
Hi Freda,
If your son enjoys cycling you could both go for some lovely bike rides, great way to explore and keep fit!

Farry

Offline incir

Activities for kids
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2008, 14:41:45 PM »
Hi Freda,

You could go to Olu for the day & finish off with bowling.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf