Author Topic: Garanti Bank pay all bills online  (Read 1929 times)

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Garanti Bank pay all bills online
« on: February 24, 2008, 23:10:06 PM »
You can now pay everything online with Garanti banking.
Water bills This one is a real bonus, I kept forgetting for 18months!!
Electric (Obviously)
Telephone, ADSL
Council Tax Charges
Car Tax
Digiturk
Mobile phone top ups
virtual credit cards

Plus much more

Just thought this would help those in the UK, it is in turkish but quite simple.

Offline enigma

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 23:13:24 PM »
That's great to know. We pay our electric by direct debit can the Countil Tax and Water also be paid by direct debit.  I know it is simple to transfer money to someone on line as we have done that in the past.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 23:17:48 PM »
They are both in the list loz just posted...

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 23:23:29 PM »
if you have internet banking set up go to "utility bills"
it is a little bit trial and error in finding the right part in the drop down menu. we have always paid eletric and telephone by auto pay.

I do all phone top ups on line, and this year paid the car tax online. saved hours queueing at the bank or tax office.

I usually pay the Digiturk yearly, but not sure what or where I will be later this year, I changed back to monthly, but like the water kept forgetting, even though Digiturk sent me a bill online. I went throught the drop down menus, found Digiturk and input my customer number (Abone) and it came up with the 2 outstanding bills to be paid, as I knew how much I owed knew then I was in the right place.
the same by now locating the SU drop down, then look for Fethiye Su and input your customer number.  
Like I say trial and error.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 23:40:16 PM »
Now that would be really handy it I could remember my pin number.

Offline ronzeus

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 10:24:14 AM »
Very helpfull Loz.Thank you.

Offline starman

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2008, 10:41:38 AM »
Loz,

Garanti have been doing this for years.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2008, 10:48:57 AM »
It is only opened up to us in the last few months as a foreigner online banking, the water is only recent, i could not pay the last water bill on line but i can this time.  The car Tax is the first time to pay online, Digiturk is another online option for us none Turk lingo expats.  

You can even check to see if you have any outstanding car fines (I don't think I will look) that was not there last time. and in the last 6 months telephone top up.

You may have been able to go into the bankand do all this for years, but not do all the above online. I have saved so much time this year already with no queues.

Offline starman

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2008, 10:57:10 AM »
I remember you couldnt pay old bills online on the english version but could on the Turkish version which I always use. I made up a dummy sheet for clients to be able to pay old bills.
I have always paid my digiturk and car tax and other stuff with digiturk though.
I know the english version of the site was very limited and you could always do a lot more on HSBC but then again, like I said, I dont use the english versions of online banking.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2008, 11:24:38 AM »
You have been here nigh on 20years, so yes I would expect you to have used the Turkish versions for banking.  but 3-4 years ago the online was very limited. transfering money was a nightmare, the system for us expats who dont want to queue has come a long way.  
If I was in the UK and wanted to pay bills, instead of relying on friends and strangers to pay the bills I could do it myself, print off the receipts and have that extra peace of mind.

We know the Tukish have been able to more online,  they stand at the ATm machines hold everyone up for ages, doing what we can now do in a few minutes in the comfort of our own homes.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf