Author Topic: importing household goods.  (Read 1589 times)

Offline stuart

• Professional Spammer
importing household goods.
« on: March 21, 2008, 18:53:48 PM »
has anybody had their household goods for more than 5 years and received their tax back? i naively though you got your tax back after 5 years and that was that, however how wrong could i have been . i had 3 years to run on a residents permit when my goods came over and looks like i hav been fined for not informing the customs that i had it renewed, also i have to pay the tax again for another 5 years ..before i get my initial tax back, all very confusing and a lot of hassle, luckily i have my wife and her backing of everything legal working on it for me, however would be interested to hear if anyone else has any problems as i would like to write an article about it, as am sure a lot of people will fall foul of it in the future and we are not talking small change here.

Offline starman

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 08:04:58 AM »
Sounds like you imported your goods under the temporary import scheme and that is why you have to keep renewing your bayaname every few years. Why didnt the removal company imported as a taxed import? taxed imports dont get renewed. you pay once and thats it.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 09:23:16 AM »
Steve, how much is the cost, roughly speaking, to take goods (near whole house) back to UK? and procedure.

(Just thinking in advance)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 12:16:43 PM »
Does that include the big fella or are you leaving him here :D

Offline stuart

• Professional Spammer
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 15:45:47 PM »
thanks starman, sounds like you know what ur talking about, i will ask them why when i speak to them next week. however it was done thru a reputable company in izmir who advertise in local and international press. will let you know the outcome as it may affect many people.

Offline starman

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 20:51:17 PM »
People who import house hold goods should know there are 2 ways of import.
temporary import or taxed import.
Temporay import means that a holding deposit is placed against the goods and has to be renewed every so many years. to get the deposit back then the goods have to be taken back out of the country.
Taxed import is where you just pay the tax and then thats it. The problem with this is that you can only bring in 1500 euros worth of goods, anything over has to be done under the table so to speak hence a lot of removal companies not wanting to do this.

Offline stuart

• Professional Spammer
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 20:04:34 PM »
yes starman beginning to make sense now, my explanation from the izmir agent was that my goods were valued at over 2,500 euros therefore classed as temporary, i didnt inform them of renewing my residency, therefore the fine, my status has now changed form residency to citizenship so had to fork out another 3.500 ytl yesterday... i should get some tax back(how much is debateable as tarrifs are constantly changing am informed) and that will be the end of it. we shall see... i think a lot of people will be in for a big shock about this.....you seem to be pretty clewed up on the subject are you in the bussiness?

Offline starman

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2008, 20:15:41 PM »
was in the business but not anymore.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 20:20:34 PM »
He now rides motorbikes to Rhodes and back for a living.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf