Author Topic: High blood pressure  (Read 8173 times)

Offline kim

• Harefield, Middlesex, UK
High blood pressure
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2008, 12:20:13 PM »
My husband too has been told he has high BP,after having a mot at the docs in the last few weeks before we make the big move next week .He has been going for blood tests  and i have brought him a blood pressure machine ,but they also said it could be with the big move and stress related ,leaving the UK and moving abroad,even so they have put him on Ramipril and said to monitor it.But another doc said when we get out to Turkey and settle to stop taking meds and check on a regular basis your BP and it maybe ok. Kim

Offline number2

• More than just a member
  • Prolific Member
High blood pressure
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2008, 14:02:15 PM »
I live in Calis and i have high b p, i check my monitor every day and it's fairly stable each time, so i haven't used my medication in 12 months, the heat from the sun seems to have controlled it. Alan

Offline stuart

• Professional Spammer
High blood pressure
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2008, 19:48:43 PM »
i have had a couple of personal bp monitors and found them very inaccurate and variable,,,however for those who dont already know.,   the chemists in and around calis and fethiye are quite happy to check your bp regularly..f.o.c.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
High blood pressure
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2008, 21:32:45 PM »
Thanks again everyone for taking the time to reply, I have been back to the doctor and it was done to 158 still high but better then 190! The doctor was not overly concerned about it although she was a little concerned about how many bottles of Budweiser I drink at the weekends so I have to cut down on my alcohol intake now.
She had no problem at all with me flying, I am also going to cut down on my medication for anxiety as the one I am on is known for raising b.p.
That is really good to know that the chemists in Turkey will take your b.p for you.
I hope you are making a good recovery Alan I have never met you but I saw you had been poorly on the forum and kept meaning to post on that thread to wish you well so I have killed two birds with one stone tonight!
I am soooo glad I can still get on that plane Friday morning Calis here we come!
Thanks again everyone for all your help, this forum really is the best.
Karen

Offline Twin Bee

• The Artist Formerly Known As
High blood pressure
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2008, 22:54:17 PM »
I am pleased for you too- have a lovely relaxing time.
TB

Offline Linda1953

High blood pressure
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2008, 09:15:01 AM »
Check with your GP if its ok for you to fly. Put your mind at rest.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
High blood pressure
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2008, 14:42:08 PM »
Linda

She did :D

Offline thomasmite996

High blood pressure
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2012, 05:46:28 AM »
It is not a dangerous to fly with a high blood pressure. I think you have to check up before you go on fly. Keep to control blood pressure by use fruits and simple exercise. It help to control blood pressure.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 07:29:36 AM by thomasmite996 »

Offline Firo

High blood pressure
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2012, 08:52:48 AM »
thomasmite996...look at the date of this thread and you'll see it's 4 years old!

Offline sadler

High blood pressure
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2012, 09:48:21 AM »
And I have just read through the whole thing - deeerrrrr, what an idiot, my B.P. will be sky high now - from embarrassment!! :-\

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf