Author Topic: wigwam  (Read 2260 times)

Offline wingnut

wigwam
« on: March 28, 2008, 22:57:14 PM »
many years ago i seem to recall a large wigwam on a plot of land facing roughly where marias is now can anyone throw any light on this i also remember the rainbow ranch at old calis and the pink cadillac bar here 15 years ago we stayed at an old turkish hotel called the aygul ithink it is derelict now there was a 9 hole crazy golf next to the aygul run by an old guy named corrig this was half way betweeb the dolmus terminus at old calis and the alien grave at the far end of the beach. we had a fair trek across the desert with 2 kids in pushchairs,no road ,no lights and 200 stray dogs to keep us company happy days we used to walk as far as the seketur from here when falcon worked here as a young man, also i remember a resteraunt called amigos the garden was full of wine bottles with candles in them this was where the dophin roundabout is now anybody else remember these places or is it just a figment of my red wine

Offline clair

• Uttoxeter, UK
wigwam
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 23:41:58 PM »
i can remember amigo's my mum used to work there!!!! :)

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
wigwam
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 13:25:08 PM »
OMG- youre going back wingnut. The tent thing was a nomad thing I remember and it used to sell bottles of horse milk which I remember a certain Mr Laffa purchasing and putting into a friends tea!
The pink cadillac was owned by Morris of the Post office fame and it was used to ferry people to and from the Albatros restaurant at the far end of the beach by the dolmus terminus, sadly now derelict. Certainly remember the Seketur when Falcon worked there and it was a popular place back then- do you rmember the disco underneath( not that we ever went in!). The Amigos was there for many years with the guy outside with a sombrero - no its not a figment of your imagination!

Offline wingnut

wigwam
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 13:52:56 PM »
hi cavfan,the guy at the front of amigos used to wear red braces and say rock on tommy when you walked past, saw maurice last year in scarlett with arif from post office,the skin tight leather pants and vest and pony tail are gone now,like all of us he must be approaching middle age now,shame how time catches up with us all peter

Offline ronzeus

wigwam
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2008, 16:05:37 PM »
I dont know about the rest but the 200 stray dogs are still there.:D

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
wigwam
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2008, 16:25:58 PM »
hey Peter we saw them too must have been there at the same time! re middle age- speak for yourself! LOL

Offline Fettlers

• Warrington, UK
wigwam
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2008, 20:22:25 PM »
Didn't a guy called Erkan own the Aygul, then he moved on to a hotel in Olu Deniz? gosh that was some time ago. Does anyone remember Nisim the shoe shine in Calis?

Offline incir

wigwam
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2008, 14:27:16 PM »
No, none of that is a fig of your imag.  Just funny how it takes someone else to mention something to jog your memory..

Offline wingnut

wigwam
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2008, 18:20:27 PM »
the aygul when we started going there was run by a man called ethem gul he had 2 daughter zaynep and baby beste,he then went on to run the tuna at old calis for a couple of years then the fiesta down the road from the dolphin roundabout he is now in ovacek running a place called the ethem motel,his sister in law owns the calis pharmacy past the new hospital on the way into fethiye if you need to get in touch with him,as for naseem the shoe shin boy about 4 years ago he was running the phone shop next to where la sennatta used to be in fethiye he is about 6 foot 6 inches tall now and a spitting image of christian ronald last heard of in marmaris peter

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
wigwam
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2008, 20:23:50 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Fettlers

Does anyone remember Nisim the shoe shine in Calis?

Yes we do Debbie! :-\

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf