Author Topic: Buying process  (Read 3327 times)

Offline iddy

Buying process
« on: April 20, 2008, 19:35:16 PM »
Hi, myself and partner have returned from a lovely week of being in Calis.  We found a property on the last day put in an offer, which was accepted by the seller.

We were then sent to the agents office where we were told that a power of attorney would be drawn up for the estate agent to act on our behalf (which we did).  We were then asked for a deposit of £500 and the contract was drawn up.  The seller was apparently in England and so the contract would have to be signed by him by fax.  

We were then emailed when we got back to say that the seller wanted the deposit sent in six days time to a bank account in england which he was to set up, another sum to be transferred at the end of May and then another amount end of June and then a very small amount to be transferred into our Turkish Bank account (which estate agent had POA over).  

I was concerned about number 1 (no original TAPU of seller) only copy.  2.  Seller living in England with no english address on contract and not having meet them.  3.  Transferring large amounts of money into an account of the apparent vendor which we  having seen any id, original tapu or poa for.

Am I going mad or shall I contact solicitor.  We have signed the contract but have only given a small deposit.

Also there is a hold on the deeds office.

Kerrie

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf