Author Topic: olive tree restaurant  (Read 6369 times)

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
olive tree restaurant
« on: May 13, 2008, 21:23:34 PM »
We used to eat here many many years ago and it was always quite nice.  I have heard that they do a fantastic chicken curry here now - anyone any experience of it ? Any recommendations? thanks.

Offline grahamturner09

olive tree restaurant
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 22:59:38 PM »
not sure about olive tree but tango restaurant in hisaronu is very good

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
olive tree restaurant
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 23:17:57 PM »
Not sure about the Olive Ttree or Tango but the Eyna on Calis prom is excellent.
Ken :D

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
olive tree restaurant
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 00:10:45 AM »
Not sure about the Olive Tree or Tango or the Eyna, but the Istanbul in Koycegiz is great.   :D

Offline jo b

• Chandler's Ford, UK
olive tree restaurant
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 08:24:07 AM »
We ate at the Olive Tree last year and it was very good. Their menu is a bit different from the rest so made a nice change.

The Festival is probably our favourite in Hisaronu.

Jo.

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
olive tree restaurant
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 13:11:09 PM »
Thanks JO.and Graham, ..the rest of you, advertise in your own areas section!!!! :)  :))

Offline tonysue

olive tree restaurant
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2008, 16:44:50 PM »
Sue have you tried the rainbow indian buffet in Hisaronu, pretty much opposite the olive tree. The olive tree was nice, but over priced we thought. The Jasmine was our fav last year, owner captain Tommy also did boat trips for a fiver, then gave you a 10% discount at the jasmine. hard to beat eh.

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
olive tree restaurant
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2008, 16:53:42 PM »
Sue,many thanks for that info. I like a good Indian (meal that is!) and have never tried the Rainbow, so will give it a go. Is the menu reasonable? And I like the tip for the Jasmine, with the fiver boat trips....will give this a look in also.

Offline tonysue

olive tree restaurant
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2008, 20:02:19 PM »
Sue , the rainbow does a eat all you like buffet wednesday and saturday nights and is very reasonable about £6/7 per head . loads of dishes - starters, mains ,breads fruit and comp coffee. Usually very busy so food always hot. We go to the Jasmine for the grill which is excellent and reasonably priced, went to the tango the other year as recommended, very disappointing, it's the only place in all my years in turkey I have sent food back. At 25YTL for a steak I sent it packing:(If you have never met captain Tommy then you must have walked round Hisaronu with your eyes shut. He wears whites, thinks he's gods gift and spends his days skippering his boat Volkan and evenings welcoming people to his restaurant, tell him we said hello.:D

Offline davidzz

olive tree restaurant
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2008, 20:47:15 PM »
Sue, sorry to hear about your bad experience at Tango, but We have been there on numerous occasions and have never had a bad meal. We will be going next week and will give our verdict. Watch this space. Tommys boat trip was great value, only charged us £4 each.:D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf