Author Topic: Well ? is it looking busier than last season ?  (Read 9133 times)

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
Well ? is it looking busier than last season ?
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2008, 23:21:27 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Sleuth

Could part of the reason for less people seen around be due to the spread in popularity of `all inclusives` ?  Most holiday  programmes on TV  these days  seem to push `all inclusives`  for Turkey ...  Why ??? I can understand going`all inclusive` in areas like the Carribean, where you dont feel safe at night walking around. Well we didnt :-\  But `all inclusives` in Turkey ??  with lovely restaurants everywhere,for all tastes, and no fear about where you walk at night ?

Maybe it`s because they don`t have to go in those "lovely restaurants" and be ripped off.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2008, 23:30:07 PM »
Why people go to all inclusives is irrelevant in the debate. The fact is they do. It's quite important in business to sell what people are buying.

Offline milliemars

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2008, 23:34:52 PM »
It seems that Antalya has had all hotel room full for June according to some reports I have been reading.

Offline Harley

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2008, 07:50:09 AM »
I don't think it's the case of fewer people are travelling to Turkey, just that the majority of tourist tend to go to else where.  
Calis is more of a residential area.  Realistically there aren't that many Hotels here (especially nice ones) to attract the general tourist.    
I'm no expert, but if they really want to expand and become a "tourist resort" they need to revamp all the hotels and maybe build some new ones then advertise like crazy.  People book holidays from brochures (well most do ) and if Calis isn't in there then nobody is going to come.  
Having said that I hope Calis stays as it is.  

Offline fredam

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2008, 09:21:42 AM »
ewwwww...I know people have to make a living, but the thought of the Calis promenade packed with a stream of tourists in each direction and not being able to see the sea for the umbrellas makes me shudder.  That is why we *liked* it there - not the normal pandemonium and crowds of a beach resort.

Offline julesbob0303

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2008, 12:42:06 PM »
A work colleague has just returned from an All Inclusive week in Antalya.  The actual holiday was a bargain.  But they didn't leave the hotel, saying that any trips were extortionate!  When I mentioned boat trips etc in Calis at about £10-£15 per person, including transfers and lunch, she said there was nothing at all at that price.  So they just stayed at the same hotel all week, using their facilities, eating and drinking the "included" food/drink!  What a shame to travel all that way and not see anything of the country!  (She also said it was too hot - so maybe Turkey is not the place for her anyway!!!)

There are so many lovely, reasonably priced restaurants, and so many beautiful places to visit, that I wouldn't want to be in Turkey on an all-inclusive basis.  I think a lot of people don't like to explore (different foods/culture/places), and go "abroad" needing their hand held the whole time.  

Offline tony

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2008, 15:15:04 PM »
When money`s tight people have to cut back. Luxuries first, and lets face it a holiday isn`t essential.

Offline milliemars

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2008, 17:49:06 PM »
When we first camt to turkey,we were All Inclusive,after looking around and trips out we decided never again All Inclusive there are to many good bars and excellent places to eat.

Offline Twin Bee

• The Artist Formerly Known As
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2008, 18:13:08 PM »
It may be that some people are spending less rather than cutting down on the number of hoidaysthey have. This will effect bars and restaurants especially.

Offline minimoo

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2008, 08:35:13 AM »
I think another problem is that so many people now own holiday homes, and rather than eating out and going to bars everynight, they are doing this in their own homes, for at least part of the time they are here.

I know that the first time I came to the area with my family, we had 3 small children with us, and were in a rented villa. We would eat out every night, but tried to keep to the restaurants close to the villa, and never went in a bar once in the whole 2 weeks, instead we would buy drinks at the shop, get the kids to bed, then sit o the balcony and enjoy a drink in peace.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf