Author Topic: Time Out Girls be Warned  (Read 10753 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Time Out Girls be Warned
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2008, 10:28:28 AM »
Can of worms indeed!

14 is far too young to go unaccompanied to a night club - in any country. My mate and his wife took their 16 year old to Portugal a couple of years back and ended up actually taking her to a night club (to keep her happy) with her friend. Their view was that they would let them enjoy the dancing etc but that drinking and getting legless was a recipe for disaster. In fact my mate did have to step in at one point because one of the local lads was getting a bit too familiar with his daughter - hands everywhere if you know what I mean.

Quite right to bring this up to warn others but we also need to make sure the parents take responsibility for their children - but that's yet another can of worms.

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Time Out Girls be Warned
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2008, 10:35:14 AM »
sometimes parents don't even know my friends daughter 14 use to go to bed put on full make-up and get her party clothes on get under the bed clothes and pretend to be asleep  wait for the parents to go to bed then climb out of the bedroom window onto the small balcony and off clubbing on a friday night and back in the same way,they were none the wiser until
she was found out when the police brought her home one morning and that's another story
she is under lock and key now

Offline Twin Bee

• The Artist Formerly Known As
Time Out Girls be Warned
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2008, 10:53:29 AM »
In fairness we should not conclude the girl locked in the room was 14. The post refers to another previous incident that did involve a 14 year old doesn't it?
Maybe there is a gender difference here with us men thinking the girl/young women was stupid to do what she did i.e. agree to go with an unknown man on her own.
This post has reminded me that young women have a pressure on them that generally men do not have and it must be very difficult for them. But whether the young man was just being immature or whether he had more devious intentions the only way he will learn if he is made accountable and challenged in some way.

Offline sooty

Time Out Girls be Warned
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2008, 11:55:07 AM »
Yes you are right twin been these are two separate incidents, and I totally agree a 14 year old should not be out clubbing, the girl in question this time is actually 18, I have offered to take her to the Jandarma but she isnt willing to go and doesn't want to talk about it, she is still extremely upset and wants to go home and last night came out with her friends, very dressed down and drank only water and went home back to her hotel whilst her other friends went out clubbing (not I add to Time Out).  This experience could affect her for a long time, it will have certainly put her off ever returning to Turkey or even going anywhere abroad again, it has been a terrible experience for her, and being a parent myself of a 17 year old girl my heart goes out to her, who do these bar men think they are, they would never treat a Turkish girl like that so why should English girls be submitted to that sort of behaviour.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Time Out Girls be Warned
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2008, 11:57:16 AM »
TB - I don't think anyone is assuming the girl in question was 14. I certainly wasn't.

Offline Twin Bee

• The Artist Formerly Known As
Time Out Girls be Warned
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2008, 13:41:43 PM »
Sooty - encourage her to go to Victim Support on her return home as they can offer confidential support.
TB

Offline grahamturner09

Time Out Girls be Warned
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2008, 18:26:27 PM »
On my last post I did ask how old the girl was and again I do not condone his actions but some of the guy's that come to fethiye for the summer work. are from the back waters of turkey and may never have met western girls at all. All they have to go on are the antics of brits on the wee that they see on the television so some may be forgiven for getting the wrong impression but again he asked here to go to a back room and she went did she think it was to play dominos at eighteen she must have some idea of his intentions and should have refused to go and yes she should inform the police if he carried on after she said no.

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Time Out Girls be Warned
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2008, 20:48:41 PM »
Too many ifs buts and maybe's in amongst the facts,she might be a young 18 year old, and not used to going out at home, we dont know, and we dont dont know, as she did'nt, what to expect when going in a room with this person,..........I know and agree that alot of these people come from the outside, but as was already said they dont do it to their own,...............and i'm also aware of the easy English label, but dont tar everyone with the same brush.
Sooty, I hope she will get over this,

Offline grahamturner09

Time Out Girls be Warned
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2008, 21:03:01 PM »
I wasn't taring everyone with the same brush just saying that may be the only impression some have

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Time Out Girls be Warned
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2008, 21:18:23 PM »
 :)Did'nt mean you personally Graham, I meant people in general.I agreed with your post. ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf