Author Topic: Havale  (Read 1696 times)

Offline Montana

« on: July 14, 2008, 20:03:23 PM »
I have been expecting a transfer of some funds to my turkish lira bank account at the Yapi Kredi bank. I believe that the money has already been transfered but it doesnt show up in my bank account. (I made a telephone inquiry from England)The turkish person who has transferred the money says that it is in a Havale in my name, as they didnt use the account number. I have never heard of this before and havent managed to find anything out on the internet as its all in turkish. I was wondering if anyone else has heard of this or can tell me anything about it. Any information would be much appreciated!!

Offline starman

Havale
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 04:55:01 AM »
this is the old way of sending money. You need to go to the bank he sent it and tell them you are expecting a transfer in your name. Show id and then you get it. no need for account or anything else.

Offline Montana

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 20:44:05 PM »
Thanks for your help Starman, I'll have to go into the bank when I'm in Turkey and try and sort it out from there! Good to know that it is a legitimate way of transfering money though, as I was getting a bit worried.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf