Author Topic: To bare or not to bare,that is the question.  (Read 3636 times)

Offline geordieboy

To bare or not to bare,that is the question.
« on: August 12, 2008, 10:49:21 AM »
Popped into a local minimarket the other day to get my supply of ciggies and anti stress pills and was stopped dead in my tracks by the sight of a young lady wearing a mini bikini,well nearly wearing it.The sight itself was not displeasing,as like any normal red blooded male Iappreciate the female form.However the young turkish lad serving her,about 14 yrs of age,had obviously never seen so much naked flesh within spitting distance in his life,he was all of a dither.When she walked out he nearly amputated his fingers closing the till.So,the question is,what was the acceptable dress or undress code when she entered the shop.Me personally my dear could'nt give a damn,but I'me sure the young Turk's Mum who stood there with a face like thunder did. 8)

Offline mike A

• Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 11:27:31 AM »
I think that it shows the ultimate disrespect to the Turks and the Turkish culture, as we all know, the turks are a very laid back people but I see no reason why they should accept this behavior which goes against  their upbringing. keep it on the beach were it belongs.:(

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 11:30:48 AM »
Simple - cover up when shopping or eating in my opinion. Even in the UK I see men walking around Tesco and in the pubs with no tops on. Smelly, hairy armpits are a real turn off whether man or woman.

How standards have changed. My dad would never leave the house without a shirt and tie on - always stood up when a lady entered the room and would never swear in front of the female form (even though he worked in an all male foundry where swearing was the norm). Now he would despair at the way both young females and males behave in public.

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 11:38:38 AM »
my friends and i cover up when we go to eat after a day on the beach,but the young one's today don't think twice about it it's the norm for them

Offline mike A

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 11:45:51 AM »
Even my local laid back music pub has a sign saying "Shirts must be worn in the bar"

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 11:55:14 AM »
Trouble is, they also get on the dolmuses (un)dressed like that too !

It's totally disrespectful of them. I think the dolmus drivers would be within their rights to refuse to carry them and the Jandarma should haul 'em off of the dolmuses and out of the shops if they're improperly dressed. And that goes for the women too !
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 11:58:04 AM by KKOB »

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008, 12:33:46 PM »
makes my blood boil - people can be so ignorant and disrespectful of other cultures and feelings.  We saw a group of young 'ladies' on the beach at Olu - topless and wearing dental floss as bikini bottoms, bearing all as they walked up and down.  A group of Turks walked past them, clearly uncomfortable, one lady in particular simply couldn't believe it, and she received a verbal volley of 'what the bloody 'ell are you looking at ?  Want a ***ing picture ?'.  Sad.

Offline lmaddy

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2008, 13:42:29 PM »
On our complex there has been a bit of a stir, there has been some bare breasted women parading around the complex & heaven forbid swimming topless. The funniest has been a women in her late 30's early 40's who was there in just a very skimmpy thong.
Imagine the scene 2 young ladies aged 6 & 7 swimming in the pool, holiday friends, they looked at each other look at the woman, looked at each other again and in a very loud voice one said  "LOOK SHES GOT NO TOP ON" as the women then turned on her front the 6 year old said in an equally loud voice "AND SHEs GOT NO PANTS ON" Aunty Lorraine and the other little girls Daddy at that point disowned the girls and distanced ourselves from their rather loud conversation.
In talking to a lovely 16 year old boy, even he asked is that alowd! So even teenagers don't want to see it. We now have a code of conduct which asks guests not to walk round or swim topless - they can of course sunbathe.

A great quote by Joan Collins in Sunday's Mail

"Sorry, but only Wags, chavs and hookers go topless these days"

Lorraine
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 13:46:03 PM by lmaddy »

Offline Firo

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2008, 14:53:21 PM »
I have no problem with topless sunbathing...but thats the limit whilst in public. I saw many a girl - lady strolling up the main street in Olu Deniz in just a skimpy bikini and then they wonder why they get pestered. :o
Most shocking one was in Uzumlu in June. Opposite the mosque walking past all the tea houses (full of the village men) was a lady of 45 + strolling along in her bikini with just a skimpy sarong(see through) just about covering her bottom. The looks on the mens faces was not pleasure but disbelief and shock. How can any one believe it is acceptable in a rural Turkish village to dress like that in public. It shows total disrespect for the culture and people of the country.
Fi

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2008, 15:42:58 PM »
 :)Time and place for everything, but last year when we went to Hison for the day, there were a gang of women parading up the street, it was one of those times you wished you had your camera,the older and bigger they got, the less they had on, and the language from them left nothing to the imagination, and believe me i'm no Mrs Bouquet. ;) (how many will say we know) ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf