Author Topic: Warning Insurance in Turkey  (Read 1689 times)

Offline Firo

Warning Insurance in Turkey
« on: February 02, 2009, 15:04:06 PM »
We have just been out to try and get travel insurance for our forthcoming trip to Europe.
During the enquiry with Eureka( previously Garanti) Insurance we were asked if we were both residents of Turkey with residence cards. I answered that I was but Eric was doing the 3 month visa runs. She said that she thought that Eric would not be considered formally as living in Turkey but phoned to check. The company came back saying it was ok but when she asked to have that in writing they called back to say he could not be covered.
On expanding the conversation it seems that any accident, health & travel insurance will not pay out if you do not hold a residence card. A lot of insurers will just take your money and say yes you are covered but if you come to claim and cannot show your residence status is legal then no monies will be paid.
We were shocked at this as we had never had this asked of us before and had paid out monies to companies for accident insurance that we now know are worthless to Eric.
Motto of story do not believe what you are told until you have read the General conditions, ask the questions and get it in writing before paying anything out.
We were well impressed by Deniz at Eureka Sigorta as she openly gave us this information and did not just take the money as she could have easily done.
Fi

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf