Author Topic: Üzümlü Morel Mushroom Festival  (Read 10249 times)

Offline voyageur

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2009, 17:48:06 PM »
I cannot believe the idiotic replies from people - many of whom do not even live in Uzumlu - to the very sensible idea of having a festival here based on a local, naturally occuring product.  In Nif/Arpacik they have a Cherry Festival in June, in which Turks have participated for years and enjoyed. Turks also come from Fethiye to enjoy searching for the morel-type toadstool in the woods around Uzumlu every year in the season.  My only problem with the idea of a Morel Festival is that the British will think they invented this edible toadstool in the first place!
I have given up writing on this forum because I know the kind of come-back to be expected from those who write on it.  However, I also know there are a lot of people who read it but are wise enough not to do what I am doing now!(Signed: Mrs. Voyageur)

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Üzümlü Morel Mushroom Festival
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2009, 18:00:27 PM »
I was talking with someone today who was saying there is a mushroom called Çnta.  I was wondering if the Morel mushroom is a Çnta?  Does anyone know??  Sorry, not sure if Çnta is the right spelling.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2009, 18:05:15 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by voyageur

I have given up writing on this forum

When did you give up? Was it long ago? For your reference, more people will now know about this fungal festival through this topic CBF than any other source available. The humour can be ignored or enjoyed.

Whether or not there are "idiotic replies" doesn't prevent the message getting through. Actually, when it comes to idiotic replies, yours ranks quite highly in my view.

If you don't like CBF don't come, there's enough misery in the world without people like you coming here, preaching to us all about who you think may be idiots.

Keep the local info and humour coming in similar measures folks, I think she's gone

Offline alec

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2009, 18:28:24 PM »
They (at a planning meeting) were trying to come up with a slogan for the festival.  Someone thought of Bul Beni Ye Beni, which I thought was totally boring (no I'm not going to tell you what it means, you'll have to find out for yourselves); I thought of Ye Beni Öl - Eat Me and Die, but they said that was the wrong sort of mushroom.

I'm sure someone can think of someting better.  Printable, hopefully.

Offline alec

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2009, 18:44:47 PM »
The boring answer: not çanta - that means bag - but çintar.  Those are the brownish ones that come in the autumn.  Some people think they're chanterelles but they're not (but they're still very good to eat).  Morels are called Kuzu Göbegi locally, meaning lamb's stomachs, because the cap has a pattern similar to a piece of tripe.  There's also a sort of truffle, like a small potato.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2009, 18:47:43 PM »
Here is an example of idiotic replies on CBF as mentioned by voyageur. This topic deals with a rather horrible drunken rant made by voyageur under a newly made up CBF nickname 'sagalout'.

http://calis-beach.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=23094&SearchTerms=sagalout

Don't come here telling us about idiotic posts, you idiot.

Anyway, back to mushrooms :D

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2009, 18:51:25 PM »
Thanks Alec.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2009, 07:38:47 AM »
Shame you describe other members posts as 'idiotic' voyaguer, it'just some people having a bit of fun in this at present miserable world of ours, the thought of a mushroom fest shoud bring a smile to most people faces nothing to do with the fact its in Uzumlu, The up and coming Newt Fest in Koca Calis will bring the same response:D

I think we actually encourage people to come on here when they realise it is so light hearted,if they cant laugh at themselves we are happy yot do it for them:D

Lighten up Tinx ;)

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2009, 08:21:25 AM »
I think the festival would be brilliant for Uzumlu.They have proved they have a community spirit with the Cement Works issue.I would be worried about basing the theme around one species of mushroom in case there were none available at the time, ie- crop failure or overpicking.I would think a broader theme would be safer.Local kids and schools should be involved to hopefully carry it forword though the years.Its an ideal setting for a festival.Good luck.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2009, 08:33:00 AM »
PS, the first Voyaguer was launched into deep space, Ideas invited for this one.!! Signed. A Idiot.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf