Author Topic: T.V./Decoder  (Read 2134 times)

Offline raff

T.V./Decoder
« on: August 22, 2004, 15:56:15 PM »
Hi
  We recently purchased a appartment in Calis that came with a tv/decorder.We bought it from a German couple and as you would expect all the channels are German. Help [?]

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
T.V./Decoder
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2004, 18:04:38 PM »
Hi Brian
If you go to one of the many shops that sell satellites i am sure they will redirect your dish for a small charge.

Crabbit

Offline agazina

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2004, 20:13:07 PM »
Has the decoder got a card socket. flip open the door and if it has then you got a little bonus as theses decoders cost more then 125 US Dollars. Get a card for example matrix reloaded cam and get some one to put a programme in and then get a dish pointed to the right satellite and viola you got free channels instead of paying subscribtions every month. I have this and have hundreds of channels. :-)

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
T.V./Decoder
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2004, 22:31:27 PM »
come on then agazina spill the beans
e-mail me how you managed that one please

Offline agazina

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2004, 07:09:07 AM »
Ok, go to a satellite retailer but not the big ones like migros etc. the small independent ones. ask for a matrix reloaded cam and you want the latest with modified firmware Cryptoworks, Irdeto1+2, Seca1+2, Viacces1+2, Nagravision (ask for Nagravision 2 aswell), Betacrypt and Conax. Sounds complicated but the sat guy will do it for you. you may need to update the codes every 3 weeks or so but that is quite simple and you can get the codes easily off the net. I have 3 dishes, one pointed at hispasat, one at hotbird and the other at turksat. get a 1.5 meter dish or bigger and then you can point it at astra but not sure which card you buy for that one but your sat guy will know.
here is a link for info of the cams http://www.digicams-uk.com/category16_1.htm

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
T.V./Decoder
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2004, 08:32:58 AM »
cheers

Offline sandgrounder

T.V./Decoder
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2004, 11:04:38 AM »
Agazina,
the link you sent is to a digital supplier here in the UK. Does that mean we can buy the cards here and use them in Turkey? Also, do the cards work here in the UK and if so, does it mean free sky TV for card users?

Offline agazina

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2004, 12:27:29 PM »
The cards do work over in the Uk but I shouldnt say if it works on sky TV has if you get caught you would be heavily fined or worse. I have a friend in the Uk who uses them and does it on all satellites except Sky just in case he got caught. But the advantage is now most european channels have gone digital any movie or programme originally done in english can be shown that way with the press of a button.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf