Author Topic: My dog was murdered  (Read 2835 times)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
My dog was murdered
« on: June 11, 2009, 12:16:05 PM »
A few months ago we moved to a house near the Melodi Hotel. We were promtly adopted by a sweet loving gentle setter/springer spaniel. She was just one year old.

Last night she was murdered; poisoned. A nasty cowardly act.

Around the time we moved in a few other dogs had also been poisoned and at the same time there was a spate of burgalaries. Coincidence; maybe!

It is possible there is a connection so if you have a house near or around the Melodi Hotel area in Ovacik please be especially vigilant and if you have a dog be sure to keep an eye on what she is eating when you are out on a walk.

And if anyone has any information about who might be responsible for murdering my gentle dog please let me know as I want to wreak revenge...!

Nichola

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
My dog was murdered
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 12:44:15 PM »
Oh Nichola, i am so sorry to hear your sad news.  How awful for you.  unfortunately the same thing happens around Uzumlu - and our neighbours lost a lovely little dog earlier this year the same way.  Heartbreaking :(

Offline sugarybaba

My dog was murdered
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 13:28:36 PM »
So sorry to hear that - its awful how these lovely animals get poisoned or just disappear without a trace Hope you feel better about it soon
Our complex tortoiseshell cat Minnie has gone missing after being here for over 3 years  She will be so missed

Offline Old Daffodil

My dog was murdered
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 17:07:45 PM »
So sorry to hear about your dog. It is not easy to stop them picking up things when you are out on a walk. You have my sympathy.

Offline tetmeister

My dog was murdered
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 19:49:32 PM »
Really sorry to hear that Nic,I know we've had some discussions regarding barking dogs in this area,and the history as you say with dogs being poisoned is well known,but this is either cowardly or calculated.Burglars opp ours last week took some youngsters on hols for £400!Dogs dont stop burglaries out here,thats my conclusion,alarms,window locks etc may,and any burglar steps foot in my house is gonna get more than they bargain for!Old style neighbours looking out for neighbours may help.P.S.Chased the street lights at Tedas this wk.

Offline Heatherjane

My dog was murdered
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 19:35:36 PM »
Hi to everybody, we actually live next door to Nichola,we also knew and loved the dog and infact we actually took her body to bury it next to our Irish Red Setter, Louis who many people remember we lost this Jan.

Whilst my husband and friends were digging a hole in forty degree heat yesterday,our little black dog was sniffing on the garden between Nichola and myself for about five mins, my daughter then screamed and to my disbelief Paxter our little dog was also fighting for his life, his mouth was foaming and his whole body was going into shock,I was so grateful I had a friend here who took control of the situation as both myself and my daughter Mimi were in total shock.
We rushed the dog to Serkan our local vet who within minutes had drips and injections in the dog who was bleeding internally the next three hours were terrible, anger and memories of a few months ago.
Thank the lord, Paxter who is fighter came through and is at home now with much tlc.
He survived due to the time it took getting him to the vets.
My worries are what could we have done if Serkan was at his practise in Fethiye... also can anybody help wiwth any ideas how we can make the land safer it was probably of been either a weed killer or rat poison.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Heather

Offline Flippa

My dog was murdered
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2009, 15:26:56 PM »
I lived for many years in Australia and unfortunatley this was common practice from time to time.  It was termed 'baiting' and evil people would deliberately throw meat which had been doused with poison into gardens etc.  Horrid, Horrid, Horrid!  The practice was illegal and if caught the perpetraitor would be prosecuted.

The only thing I can suggest is to be as vigilent as you can, check and double check your gardens regularly and keep your eyes peeled if out walking your dog. Shouldn't have to be that way but unfortunately it would seem it is.

Offline antonia1966

My dog was murdered
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2009, 18:41:45 PM »
just to let you know Heather and Nichola, I have heard that there have been alot of rats coming from a local hotel near us all, so rat poison has been put down and also one of our neighbours is having problems with snakes, so poison is also being used here !!

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
My dog was murdered
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2009, 20:48:03 PM »
Thanks for info Tony; much as I'd like to believe that there was no malicious intent, Jale was just one of four dogs poisoned in the immediate area over a 24 hour period and it seems most likely that poison was placed around the vicinity of the houses as 3 of the doags apart from Jale who used to live at that hotel before she moved herself out wouldn't have been in their grounds.

Anyway, thanks to all who have commiserated; it's appreciated.

Nichola

Offline tetmeister

My dog was murdered
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2009, 19:37:56 PM »
Hi H/J.Dont know the answer really,but can suggest precautions that I would take.I wouldnt let my dog out of my site,keep it in my garden at all times apart from walkies.I would deter if thats the right word, other dogs approaching my property as they can up here,and I would try,and thats a big try,to keep my dogs from excessive barking,as I feel sure that some of the situation up here is being created by dogs generally barking at all hours.I want my dog to bark at approaching strangers,and then I want to be able to tell him to "quiet".As i've said before,a constantly barking dog isn't warning of intruders,and may not get investigated,as it is the norm.Although it cant be proved,I would hazard a guess that some of the attention to dogs up here has been created by an indiscriminate amount of barking,that if the truths known,wouldnt be tolerated back home.
quote:
Originally posted by Heatherjane

Hi to everybody, we actually live next door to Nichola,we also knew and loved the dog and infact we actually took her body to bury it next to our Irish Red Setter, Louis who many people remember we lost this Jan.

Whilst my husband and friends were digging a hole in forty degree heat yesterday,our little black dog was sniffing on the garden between Nichola and myself for about five mins, my daughter then screamed and to my disbelief Paxter our little dog was also fighting for his life, his mouth was foaming and his whole body was going into shock,I was so grateful I had a friend here who took control of the situation as both myself and my daughter Mimi were in total shock.
We rushed the dog to Serkan our local vet who within minutes had drips and injections in the dog who was bleeding internally the next three hours were terrible, anger and memories of a few months ago.
Thank the lord, Paxter who is fighter came through and is at home now with much tlc.
He survived due to the time it took getting him to the vets.
My worries are what could we have done if Serkan was at his practise in Fethiye... also can anybody help wiwth any ideas how we can make the land safer it was probably of been either a weed killer or rat poison.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Heather

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf