Author Topic: Bikini Tops and No Shirts  (Read 10847 times)

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
Bikini Tops and No Shirts
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2009, 11:22:11 AM »
No gun here Phil, I agree with all above comments.

Offline jsp51

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2009, 11:53:20 AM »
Totally agree Phil, we too get very annoyed and embarrssed when we see this kind of thing in a small village. Maybe it could rest with the tour operators to remind people about there whereabouts when they do that welcome speel on the buses. Also common decency should tell you to cover up in these sorts of environments.
Sadly common decency is a rare thing these days amongst the younger generation.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2009, 11:53:37 AM »
It is really up to the owners of the bars/restaurants to politely ask the 'offenders' to cover up. My local is a bit of a dump now but they still do not allow bare chests and baseball caps. People are asked politely to remove/cover up and then asked to leave if they refuse.

A bit more difficult with those just walking around Uzumlu or any other area. They should know better really and should respect the local people but we all know this won't happen.

Offline hamilton

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2009, 12:07:57 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by phil1839

I am prepared to be shot down in flames on this and I am not normally controversial but I wish that people visiting the village as holidaymakers wouldn't walk through the centre of the village in Bikini Tops and no shirts on. This is a relatively small village in a Moslem country country and I wish people would realise it. It is not the sea front at Calis or Olu Deniz. I know it is really hot at the moment but some of the old men nearly choked on their cay. That is my moan for the year.

We both agree 100%, what we cannot understand is, why the parents of very joung girls encourage their children to dress as they do, in public places. Also why some of the old foggies like me, who's bodies have seen better day's feel the need to show the rest of us how bad they look undressed.
The Turkish teenagers whether strictly dressed or not always dress in a sensible and attractive manner, which puts our lot to shame.
But it is middle age group, ear ringed, tatood, overweight yobs and of course their male partners that really do cast us in a bad light.

Offline bikerchickblonde

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2009, 12:18:38 PM »
My daughter has good name for these inconsiderate people .... BUSH DOGS!  I saw a guy this morning walking back from the bakers with no tee shirt on .... expect he thought he looked good!

Offline friar tuck

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2009, 13:03:31 PM »
Bloody hell Phil I find myself agreeing with a Baggy in two posts now, but I do agree with you and it is even worse if the offenders are ex pats from the village, me I even cover up on my balcony when talking to my neighbour well said Phil. (And you still owe me a pint

Saw these four beauties in the village in June reckon they are BIG friends of yours Phil   ;)

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2009, 14:33:39 PM »
totally agree keep it for the beaches

Offline kanga

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2009, 14:40:37 PM »
each to there own
myself i never take my shirt off ,the wifes to prim and proper (bought the karma sutra for her and its still holdin the sideboard up)
i have no tattoos ,but my belly would cause a total eclipse of the sun
shoot em all
 ;)

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2009, 15:03:46 PM »
Can these people use their Giro's in Turkey.???

:) :) :)

Agree with all the other sentiments

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2009, 15:04:11 PM »
The above picture reminds me of hen party we saw last year in Hison,the turkish waiter where we were eating was laughing at the look on my face, the attire matched the verbals, really bad, and there must have been 20 of them, and sickening to listening to older women speaking to young turkish lads in a sexual crude way, in front of their daughters,

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf