Author Topic: Hisaranu hits new low  (Read 10169 times)

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
Hisaranu hits new low
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2009, 23:15:35 PM »
It's one attack too many ANYWHERE.  :-\

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Hisaranu hits new low
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2009, 23:17:07 PM »
Exactly, and to use it for petty point scoring is vile.

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

Hisaranu hits new low
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2009, 07:37:25 AM »
Sometimes I really struggle to understand the expats community. In the whole of things we are a small group living in the Fethiye area and some of us seem to get off by having a go about where people live. Let us just consider the past week where a family are assaulted in Calis and a man goes missing in Ovacik. We should be showing compassion for fellow humn beings and not using the situation to knock lumps out of each other.

We should all be working together to fight crime. The problems like robbery happen as much in Hisaronu as it does in Calis as it does in Uzumlu. It is about time that we all got a grip of reality and stop this petty bickering and point scoring about one area being better or worse than another area.

Offline tony

Hisaranu hits new low
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2009, 09:20:44 AM »
I was attempting to defend Hisaronu from its usual tirade of negative views. My point being a the kid and his mother could have sung in any bar. in any resort.It could be said for the unfortunate lady and her family. My apologies firstly to her for being tempted to use the situation in such a way and to the forum for being vile.

Offline minimoo

Hisaranu hits new low
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2009, 09:23:12 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Ovacikpeedoff

Sometimes I really struggle to understand the expats community. In the whole of things we are a small group living in the Fethiye area and some of us seem to get off by having a go about where people live. Let us just consider the past week where a family are assaulted in Calis and a man goes missing in Ovacik. We should be showing compassion for fellow humn beings and not using the situation to knock lumps out of each other.

We should all be working together to fight crime. The problems like robbery happen as much in Hisaronu as it does in Calis as it does in Uzumlu. It is about time that we all got a grip of reality and stop this petty bickering and point scoring about one area being better or worse than another area.

Completely agree. We are all adults here are we not?? I believe I have said in the past, why do we not all work together to promote the area as a whole, and come together to sort out problems?

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

Hisaranu hits new low
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2009, 09:33:29 AM »
Tony my comment was not to single you out. My comment is a reaction to the many times that this stupid debate seems to arise.

Offline brianthegardener

Hisaranu hits new low
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2009, 14:09:18 PM »
Well said minimoo and Ovacikpeedoff....enoough is enough of this stupid nonsence of calling each area...Calis has its good points, so does Ovacik and so does Olu Deniz and Fethiye...they ALL have there bad points to...but at the end of the day WE SHOULD ALL be promoting the area not pulling it apart and sqabaling like children and trying to score points for YOUR area....rant over[:(!]

Offline saoirse

Hisaranu hits new low
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2009, 14:25:09 PM »
you are totally correct

Calis, Fethiye, Olu Deniz and Hisaronu all have their problems

UZUMLU ROCKS!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Hisaranu hits new low
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2009, 14:29:23 PM »
It's very true and sad that you can't have a gentle and light hearted debate about where is best without people getting over the top and using unfortunate incidents or anything they can find to slag off the other area. I only ever rib Hisaronu and Ovacik folk for a bit of banter, this topic shows that to be pretty much impossible.

Offline saoirse

Hisaranu hits new low
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2009, 14:31:01 PM »
Bah!

Was only having a laugh

We have nothing else to do up here

Have had great times in all of the places mentioned

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf