Author Topic: applying for residency  (Read 4658 times)

Offline Old Daffodil

applying for residency
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2009, 16:41:45 PM »
We brought our dog out here before we had residency but had to have papers from DEFRA in England and all the evidence of rabies jabs.
The vets in England probably could advise you on that.

You can bring furniture here but pay more import duty if you are not a resident I think.

Offline Firo

applying for residency
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2009, 21:41:48 PM »
Highly recommend Koray at Atak translations for fast track residence permit. He did mine whist I was over here for a week before we imported our furniture.He will tell you what you need and did a lkot of the leg work before we arrived.
ataktranslations@gmail.com
Residence permit not required to bring your pets out. Go to a Defra registered vet in the UK and they will tell you everything you need to know.
If you want to temporarily import your furniture you can do it on a visa but it costs more as you have to pay a bond or something similar every year or 2. On this system, I think everything you bring in has to be removed when or if you ever leave, even if it's broken.
Permanent import can only be done with a residence permit.YOu will also need a residence permit to get a phone & adsl.
Any other info we can help you with please ask.
Good luck
Fi

Offline Old Daffodil

applying for residency
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2009, 22:37:12 PM »
I believe that even if you are granted residency of Turkey in the UK you have to do it again when you move over here.

Offline nigelthebuilder

applying for residency
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2009, 15:45:45 PM »
hi htanks for that imfo has anybody got any idea what the cost of the fast track way of getting reidence should cost thanks.
quote:
Originally posted by Firo

Highly recommend Koray at Atak translations for fast track residence permit. He did mine whist I was over here for a week before we imported our furniture.He will tell you what you need and did a lkot of the leg work before we arrived.
ataktranslations@gmail.com
Residence permit not required to bring your pets out. Go to a Defra registered vet in the UK and they will tell you everything you need to know.
If you want to temporarily import your furniture you can do it on a visa but it costs more as you have to pay a bond or something similar every year or 2. On this system, I think everything you bring in has to be removed when or if you ever leave, even if it's broken.
Permanent import can only be done with a residence permit.YOu will also need a residence permit to get a phone & adsl.
Any other info we can help you with please ask.
Good luck
Fi

Offline Diverbaz 1

applying for residency
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2009, 16:23:52 PM »
Depends how long for, 5 years is around 2500TL, plus charges of the agent.

To import you belongings permanently the value should be less than 1600euros, if I remember correctly, but can be more if you pay "gifts"

Baz 8)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 16:24:39 PM by Diverbaz 1 »

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
applying for residency
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2009, 16:34:47 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Daffodil

I believe that even if you are granted residency of Turkey in the UK you have to do it again when you move over here.

It's a complete waste of time and money. Don't apply for it in the UK.

Offline Firo

applying for residency
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2009, 16:44:41 PM »
Best to email Koray and ask how much he charges.I think Baz's quoting you the residence fee for 5 years not the fast track fee.
Fi

Offline nigelthebuilder

applying for residency
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2009, 10:15:01 AM »
hi daffodil thanks for that reply can you tell me when you took your dogs to turkey?.i can not seem to find out wether we need residancy or not to bring our dogs into turkey.
quote:
Originally posted by Daffodil

We brought our dog out here before we had residency but had to have papers from DEFRA in England and all the evidence of rabies jabs.
The vets in England probably could advise you on that.

You can bring furniture here but pay more import duty if you are not a resident I think.

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
applying for residency
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2009, 10:34:09 AM »
Ilknur who did ours charges a set fee 150tl she does all the paper work and takes you to all the offices all very painless, I know she has travelled to Mugla before when people wated to fast track, if you want to contact her send a message to ECHOSTAR on here, or email me I will give you here details.
Mark

Offline Old Daffodil

applying for residency
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2009, 11:43:58 AM »
We brought our dog into Turkey May 2007. We do own a property here. We applied for our residency a few days later and  received that after a few weeks. No mention was ever made of whether we had residency when we arranged to travel with our dog.

When we arrived at Dalaman our dog was brought round on a trolley still in her cage and we just let her out and she walked out of the airport! She was fine. There was a cat in a cage next to her on the trolley that was making a lot of noise who I think did not enjoy the trip too much. :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf