Author Topic: Buying in village  (Read 8910 times)

Offline Honey Bee

Buying in village
« on: September 13, 2009, 22:39:36 PM »
Hi all,

Looking to buy in village.

Any advice please

Colin

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Buying in village
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 23:13:31 PM »
Colin,

What are you looking for?

No of bedrooms?

Detached?

Apartment?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Buying in village
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 23:20:11 PM »
Budget? :D

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Buying in village
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 03:54:17 AM »
How many kilos ?

Diesel or Petrol ?

Gas or Electric ?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 06:31:46 AM by KKOB »

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
Buying in village
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 08:23:15 AM »
Is it in the disputed Green Zone part of the village?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Buying in village
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 08:26:51 AM »
I don't think he knows yet Kev, he's just asking about buying in general. In Uzumlu. Does anyone from Uzumlu want to answer this guy or have you got enough ex-pats already :D

Offline calvin 1949

Buying in village
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2009, 08:36:34 AM »
Good morning Colin and a warm welcome to the forum  from the freindly village of Uzumlu.I am sure you will find plenty of advice on the forum .Agood idea would be to go to the introduction section first and tell folks a bit about yourself,then if you scan some of the old threads i am sure you will find plenty postings on the subject of buying in the village of Uzumlu,Regards Calvin

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Buying in village
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2009, 08:48:08 AM »
To be honest, the best bit of advice I can give (and wonder how long it will take for me to get shot down), is take the time to make friends with your Turkish neighbours.  I say this because I put myself in their shoes when I moved here.  This is a small community.  I thought about the fact that bad news travels faster and further.  So, any negatives about foreigners would be THE impression my neighbours would have in their mind when meeting us for the first time.  Our villa had been built where they were used to crops being grown.  -We were strangers and they aren't used to us.  So we took the time to say hi to them, we try our hardest to speak the lingo, if they bring us some scrummy foods we return the compliment by taking them our food.  I hope we have made them feel they are important to us.  Our neighbours are lovely.  We have been lucky.  I know of people that got off on the wrong foot and it can swiftly deteriorate.

Offline The Crinklies

Buying in village
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2009, 13:05:26 PM »
Hi Colin, we totally agree with Rindaloo as we took exactly the same approach when we moved here. We too have lovely turkish neighbours and enjoy sharing time with them and exchanging 'goodies.' We have given them some laughs with our attempts at turkish conversation but they like it because we try and they know that we want to be involved with & part of the local community.
It can make a big difference as to how you start off, especially when moving into a small village where a lot of the villagers are related and news travels fast!

Offline Firo

Buying in village
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2009, 13:37:25 PM »
I agree with the comments above by Rindiloo and the Crinklies.
As for looking at houses I would suggest you hire a car and have a good look around the village as lots of villas are for sale with signs outside. Also go to lots of agents so that when you make your choice you know that you have the right house for your purposes.
Avoid the area on the left of the dual carraigeway as there are problems with foreigners buying there at the moment (hopefully it will be sorted soon).
Check that the place you want is on the village plans and they have a Tapu and living permission.
Having said all that I would highly recommend Uzumlu as a fabulous place to live and the villagers are friendly and welcoming if you make an effort with the language.
Best of luck
Fi

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf