Author Topic: Thieves operating again in Ovacik  (Read 3243 times)

Offline ilrifugio

Thieves operating again in Ovacik
« on: January 24, 2010, 14:54:22 PM »
Probably you don't want to hear about it any more, so I wil not go into details, but friends of ours were quite surprised after a short walk with the dog and a drink. Their place got burgled (sorry for spelling)
Just to point out that it can happen at any time, and the thieves are getting very reckless.....
General opinion is looking now at all the foreign (reed Kurdish) workers in the area during construction-season

Offline brianthegardener

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 16:06:13 PM »
can we have more detail please...where about in Ovacik, when, time.....how do you know it was Kurdish people that did this.?

Offline milliemars

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 20:18:23 PM »
There was a break in last |Tuesday where the couple had gone out for a walk with their dogs,these were the burglers that were caught,who were said by the Jandarm they came from North of Turkey and were Kurdish.Is the what you are reporting Ilriugio

Offline minimoo

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 07:59:18 AM »
I have noticed a massive increase in the amount of patrols the Jandarma are doing over the last 2 weeks...both daytime and night time.

Offline ilrifugio

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 13:21:12 PM »
hello everybody, the burglary I refer to has only happened 2 days ago.  Some thieves were caught on Tuesday last (after the spectacular chase around the cemitary, involving the shooting), but the new break in was on Friday between 5 and 7 pm, so days after these guys got arrested.  The idea that the Kurds might be the guilty comes only from listening to the buyist Turks we know (we all know about the -not so- cold war between Turks and Kurds....No love lost there).  Any how, the crime area used to be more around the main road and the mosk, the latest crime (I'm referring to) happened way up, in the area of Destina/Green Anatolia Hotel.  My wishes of strength to M and J, who have lost quite some valueables that cannot be replaced.....
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 13:22:54 PM by ilrifugio »

Offline Old Daffodil

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 15:25:58 PM »
I wonder how many people have been robbed whilst out walking dogs.I think we must be laying ourselves wide open to robbery because  someone is watching to see when we are walking around with our pets during the day.This could easily be a person we see every day.I do not see how some of these robberies can have been done in the short space of time they are happening without a person observing our movements very closely.I think a good burglar alarm is not the whole answer but a good deterrent. They must "Case the joint" before entering. Transport must have been used in a lot of cases of robbery as they are taking televisions and big items so they are ready and waiting for dog walkers to go out and then making their move.Iron bars and windows can be jemmied open but it takes a bit of time so they are working to a tight time schedule and know how long you will be. It is all too organised to be a random burglary.

I notice that they happen when people are in the local bars at night too.Even if a person is only out for a hour,they are in so quickly it is obvious a person is watching out to see who is in the bar,they must know as soon as someone leaves their house or very soon after they leave it.:(

INTASURE offer a discount on their insurance if certain burglar alarms are installed but I do not know which ones they recognise.

My sympathy to M and J.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 11:40:25 AM by Daffodil »

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 16:03:38 PM »
Please beware it appears that the burglars caught in Ovacik last week were only part of a gang. This is the opinion of the Jandarma. They are questioning the 3 that they caught and are offering a lighter stretch in prison.

Offline mikrik

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2010, 10:19:58 AM »
A pity that more of these thieves aren't being caught but unfair to blame every robbery on the Kurds although 3 of them are quite clearly guilty in Ovacik.
I have many Kurdish friends in Turkey and many of the staff in Hisaronus' restaurants and bars are Kurds. I have never found them to be any less honest than my Turkish friends.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf