Author Topic: Cicek Sitesi  (Read 3403 times)

Offline tel

Cicek Sitesi
« on: February 25, 2010, 07:34:49 AM »
Just for Cicekites,did you know that all the trees along the river side have been taken down. Yes Carol on your side all along that is.They have been gone awhile now,thought you might like an update and I cannot post in Cicek forum now.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Cicek Sitesi
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 09:28:42 AM »
Why is that? Is it something to do with helping against the flooding? If so that's good I think.

What's the weather like now? I heard it had been chucking it down again.

Offline tel

Cicek Sitesi
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 12:17:31 PM »
They dredge the river Stoop but never touched the high trees on the other side of the road at Cicek.Yes weather wet and stormy off and on all week.Yours ok last time I was there except road by the pool flooded.

Offline micky mouse

Cicek Sitesi
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 14:23:08 PM »
Hi tel,hope you are keeping well surprised to hear about the trees all coming down,I know that they cut some down around mine and pauls houses as the tree roots had lifted there patio up and done some damage.Maybe thats why they have cut them all down,or maybe to sell off for logs anything for a buck on our site.Will be out middle of April for 9 weeks catch you up for a beer then,I suppose I will have to do battle with the president again in may over many issues,just hope the site fees dont go up yet again otherwise im out of there its been getting rediculious.

Offline Carpete

Cicek Sitesi
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 17:22:58 PM »
Hi all, heard from Doug and Gill, who are on site till May. Yes, the trees on "our" side have been cut down mainly for reasons of safety. They were well above the height of the houses and very close to those  houses (like mine) which front onto the canal apart from about 10 feet. Its sad to see them go  in one way but I full understand and endorse  why they had to go.  The canal also needs to be as clear as possible of tree roots etc. in order to keep the water level at a safe height of course. The canal and the trees are owned by the Belyide and it was a Belyide decision to take the trees down incidentally. If anyone makes money out of logs etc. it will be the local council. The Turks very sensibly recycle very efficiently!  These tree shoot very quickly and those cut down last year on the far side have reshot already. Good ole nature!
Carpete

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf