Author Topic: Advice on how to change from Turkish plate  (Read 2649 times)

Offline kizkucuk

Advice on how to change from Turkish plate
« on: June 27, 2010, 09:47:27 AM »
Finally after months of searching I've found the scooter of my dreams - little, pink 50 cc with a seat low enough so that I can reach the floor - the nice man who is selling it is Turkish and it is on a Turkish plate -I'm happy with the price - I took a Turkish friend with me to look at it and test drive it - all the paperwork is in order - I just need to know how difficult it is going to be to get a foreigner plate on it and how much it will cost me before I agree to do the deal.    Thanks

Offline kevin b

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 10:37:28 AM »
I think you need res permit to buy it,a trip to notory & tax office & to traffic police.

Offline kizkucuk

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 12:44:33 PM »
Thanks Kevin - I have residency - knew about the notary but not how much it will cost. Someone told me no visit to the tax office needed as engine under 100 cc.   Thanks for the advice.  

If anyone out there has done this recently can you give me an idea of the cost.  Thanks

Offline Eric

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 12:59:05 PM »
You WILL need to visit the tax office to ensure that there are no fines owing on the scooter.  If you don't, when you come to tax it you will be liable for all of the fines, if there are any.

Offline kizkucuk

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 13:58:23 PM »
Thanks Eric.  

Offline col

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 17:47:30 PM »
I also have a 50cc scooter, and was told that for a scooter under 100cc, you do not need to tax it. When I sorted all my paperwork etc, the translator I used and the traffic police also confirmed, tax not needed on a scooter under 100cc.

quote:
Originally posted by kizkucuk

Thanks Kevin - I have residency - knew about the notary but not how much it will cost. Someone told me no visit to the tax office needed as engine under 100 cc.   Thanks for the advice.  

If anyone out there has done this recently can you give me an idea of the cost.  Thanks

Offline Eric

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 21:48:42 PM »
Yes but you can still be fined for speeding, no vehicle MOT no insurance etc  so this needs to checked out at the tax office as this is where the fines are recorded and need to be paid.

Offline kizkucuk

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2010, 19:22:13 PM »
Thanks for the advice Eric.  It's much appreciated.

Offline Eric

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2010, 19:47:49 PM »
[:X]

Offline kizkucuk

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2010, 18:22:02 PM »
A quick update - my new toy arrived today - a couple of hours at the notar - 132 lira for the paperwork - and was told to go to the traffic police in 1 week for the MB number plate - spoke to various people about changing the plates and now have a very nice man who is going to sort it all out along with my scooter insurance.  I was told in total I should expect to pay 250 - 300tl - total bill for the notar, plate change, insurance for 2 years 232 lira.  I'm a very happy pink scooter owner  - thanks to everyone who posted or sent me advice :-)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf